Old 08-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
That's great news!! Thanks for following-up and letting us know how it turned out.

So, what did FR ascertain as the problem with the roof that caused the leak?

DW, 3 Kids and our Goldens

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Honestly they didn't really say ... and I was so excited with everything being fixed that I didn't really ask Not all of the damage was due to the roof though. Apparently there was a leak under the floor that was not visible which helped in causing all of the damage.

The new roof now has a slight pitch on it which will help to ensure there is no standing water after it rains.

ctcaffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:09 PM   #13
Wow, that is awesome!!! I love seeing posts like this. What great news. Glad I own a FR product!
Kirk, KN1B
2013 Cardinal 3800FL
2009 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW
kbrown1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
YEA! I own the exact model and year. Glad to hear they fixed you up. Mine has been working wonderfully since I purchased it.
X2 kbrown on owning a FR product.
Walt-N-Terry Sanford
03 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
08 Rockwood 8317
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
Originally Posted by kbrown1075 View Post
Wow, that is awesome!!! I love seeing posts like this. What great news. Glad I own a FR product!
Keith & Liz
2010 SilverBack 33L
2009 F-250
kablair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #16
For us to when they took back our almost new rockwood 2011 because of major water leakage in the back wall and ending up under the floor membrane , they never told us what was the problem and what they did. But after checking the whole trailer myself I found out that I had a brand new back wall, that the trailer was totally removed from the frame and a brand new membrane was installed and 2 new baggage doors inserts and doors replaced. The new ones have 2 locks instead of 1 before. In all this major work you can hardly motice that they did something. The work was perfect and not a bit of mess from this big job. We are happy now. No more leaks.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #17
that's a happy ending! thanks for sharing.
great to know that information when i make a future purchase.
avocadoman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #18
Great to hear that they took care of you. It's always good to read about FR taking care of their customers.

When my RW tt returned from having both sidewalls replaced due to delamination, the steps were broken, the was a deep scratch in a kitchen cabinet, the wheel trim & braces on the street side was broken, one pass through door now had a key and thumb lock where it only had a key lock before, the other pass through door just had the key lock, the mud dauber screens on my furnance were missing, there was a leak around the kitchen window and the concertone had quit working.

FR wasn't to blame for the steps, the delivery driver claimed they came out on their own and he hit a curb, the wheel trim and braces probably (not sure) broke at the same time the steps were broken, I was never told how the cabinet door got scratched even though I asked (they did replace it), I didn't ask about the passage doors and I just replaced the mud dauber screens myself. My dealer replaced the concertone and also verified the window leak but couldn't locate exactly where it was coming from. So they just caulked all around.

Life is like a box of chocolates...........

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2016 Nights Camped - 9
grhodes50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #19
Well, this is great news, as we are just beginning our journey to get our leak damage repaired! Hearing this makes me feel a "wee" bit better!
duckieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
2009 rockwood 8314bss major repairs

My 2009 rockwood had major delamination on both walls.Foest river hauled it back to indiana replaced both walls resealed whole roof, all the windows.they replaced seals on both slide outs.i couldnt tell they had even worked on it it was perfect.concertone is something else no picture from dvd to talking to concertone ,waiting for info.

2009 rockwood signature ultra lite 2003 chevy hd 2500 4x4 6.o gas
hoody is offline   Reply With Quote