Old 11-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
Manuals for Dewald Hydraulic Levellers and Slideouts

I have tried to familiarize myself with all the systems on my 2003 Georgetown 325, and recently I undertook the hydraulic levelling and slideout system. What little info I could find in my owner's manual did not seem to correspond with what I could actually see onboard. After reading a lot of posts on this forum about "Lippert" and "HWH" systems, again nothing matched what I have. I found my pump and reservoir in a carpeted box in one of the driver's side hatches (totally camoflaged and unlabelled..."thanks" to FR) and could identify the system as coming from Dewald Manufacturing Inc. (DMI)...note: this is NOT Dewalt. Further searching yielded two excellent manuals from on the levelling system, the other on the slideout. I am attaching these for everyone's use, as you see fit!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dewald Leveller (Revised).pdf (1.28 MB, 434 views)
File Type: pdf Dewald Slideout.pdf (1.10 MB, 790 views)

Nights camped in 2011: 108
Nights camped in 2012: 41
piscesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
Glad to see your post and to find someone with a rig very much like mine. Fortunately the orignal owner, from whom we bought, had kept all the documentation that came with it, so we have the Dewald owner's manual.

Dewald was taken over and I think it was by HWH, but I can't find the post. I contacted the web-site that was in the documentation and got a reply from the new company.

My concern was parking over the winter with the jacks down, as we're "near" saltwater. The reply was to wipe the exposed piston rods down once a week with silicone lubricant "if you live nearer to salt water than 60 miles". I had a good laught at that, as we're about 60 yards away! The houses across the streeet are on salt-water marina waterfront.

I did get some rust patches last year, but they buffed out OK. This year, I'm going to jack it up high enough to get axle stands under the front and rear axles, then retract the jacks. I'll be buying a set of four heavy-duty axle stands specifically for the job.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote