Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 PM   #81
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
aceinspp, It wasn't meant for you I know you read it right, Just used your post. It was for others who seem to have CRS. Guess I shouldn't have used yours. Certain people just can't read. Not You, sorry if you took offense it wasn't you I was talking about. Thanks for your response and help. I have check everything including pulling each light and then resealing it a PITA. It has to be a staple or something. Even if I let them go out, they will come back on for a while. Nothing shows a short, so something has to be rubbing in transit only. No wonder why FR said they would have to pull the whole roof off to find it. Way past my useless dealer capability. I will write this one up for Goshen. Should have done it 3 years ago. But anyway Merry Xmas to you and your family, see ya in Mayberry....
No offense Looking forward to seeing you also in Mayberry as I missed you at Goshen. For got to say thanks for bringing my poles Have a very Merry Christmas. We shading to FL for New Years Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:44 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
No offense Looking forward to seeing you also in Mayberry as I missed you at Goshen. For got to say thanks for bringing my poles Have a very Merry Christmas. We shading to FL for New Years Later RJD
Where are you going to be at for New Years? If your close to Florida City, I will drive for a good toast for the New Year, god knows we all need a better year.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #83
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
That's because we always traveled during the day together, never had them on. I gave up on it. Now that I have nothing but time down here I was going to try and find it. Really forgot about it until I left my resettable fuse in the other truck. When driving down here in the rain and had to use my lights it blew the fuse again. All the lights work just sitting here but when I travel it blows. Got another 20 amp resettable yesterday and installed it. I'll let Goshen figure it out, It's documented with the dealer. I think it would qualify as a safety issue. By the way Merry Xmas to you and Frankie.
Put a fuse between #3 &#4 and then twist and turn the cord every which way. That is about the only thing that moves while you are towing. Also pull the cover on the junction box where the cord attaches to the trailer and start moving wires inside. It is a mess in there if it is like mine.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:27 PM   #84
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
My suggestion also........Merry X-mas
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 PM   #85
Mod free 5er

I doubt very much it is a staple as it would not move in and out of a wire.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:14 PM   #86
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Yep! They don't use that heavy of astaple that wouldn't burn through
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:39 PM   #87

I doubt there would be a staple which, if it did penetrate a single wire, would be grounded on the opposite side of the puncture. If a staple did penetrate a wire, it would have to penetrate a second wire in order to complete a connection to a ground. Pretty sure the only way to blow a fuse is to connect the wire related to that fuse to a grounding point.

OC may be onto something with the idea of checking the junction box, or checking wherever it is that the movable cord becomes a secured point.