Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #1

Michelin Tires

LT 225-75-r-16 born on date 5/13 anyone have to replace them or get a refund from Michelin.Called Michelin yesterday told me it takes 4 to 5 weeks to mail out a warrenty form,gave me a few dealers in my area to go to went to one he wasnt sure of anything i told him. Michelin rep called him and told him the same thing. Dont no why they cant fax over paper work or do it on computer.The crazy RV world.
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired on a mountain View Post
LT 225-75-r-16 born on date 5/13 anyone have to replace them or get a refund from Michelin.Called Michelin yesterday told me it takes 4 to 5 weeks to mail out a warrenty form,gave me a few dealers in my area to go to went to one he wasnt sure of anything i told him. Michelin rep called him and told him the same thing. Dont no why they cant fax over paper work or do it on computer.The crazy RV world.
The tires on our Sunseeker were included in the recall. I called a local truck shop that sells Michelins. They had the forms on hand but were out of the tire in that size. It took a few days to get the tires.

The forms were multipart (think carbon copies), so they couldn't be emailed and printed. The shop took care of everything with no hassle and no problem. All I had to do was sign the papers when they were done.

Check with other tire shops that sell Michelin, including those that don't service RV's. They may have forms on hand and can give you what you need to take to a shop you can work with.

Also, be sure to check the spare tire. It may or may not be a Michelin that is covered in the recall. Michelin will replace it, too, if it is in the recalled group.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

tire size

michelin doesnt show that size on the list of recalls?
Old 08-17-2016, 03:43 AM   #4

The size used on vans and Class C motorhomes is the only size in the recall. Maybe Michelin had the problem only on a line dedicated to that size.

http://m.michelin.qa.publish.front-p...calls/ltx.html

This article from 2013 states about 200 out of 1.2 million tires failed. More probably failed afterwards, but what other RV - related product is recalled with that failure rate?

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...n-tires-in-u.s.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:11 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired on a mountain View Post
You don't need any papers. Just go to a Michelin dealer as noted on the website, which states "Owners of the affected tires should visit an authorized Michelin retail location as soon as possible to have the tires replaced at no charge".

Print out a copy of the website page and take it with you to the dealer.

Safety Recalls for Michelin LTX M/S light truck tires | Michelin US

If you really feel like you want or need a copy of the warranty, it is also on the website, download here....

http://media.michelinman.com/content...utmk=264177294

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #6

Just left tire shop Michelin says tires do not match dates or size of recalls. Have a choice of Michelin , BF Goodrich or uniroyal, they will cover 65 percent of bill not including tire balance and take of put on .
Old 08-23-2016, 09:29 AM   #7

Michelin Tires

Put on BF Goodrich tires what a difference. Much better ride. Inside tires where just as bad as the other 4.

Tags
tire, tires