Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
Minilite under menbrane improvement

Minilite ownwers are not as lucky as Roo's owners regarding the under menbrane for water protection. The roo which is basically the same trailer as the minilite has a skirt to divert the rain way under the trailer while the minilite owners have nothing . The result of this is on windy days when it rain the water gets under the trailer causing some bad damages inside the darco black protection. If you look at your menbrane there is a lots of holes left by the big bolts uncovered a perfect breed for water to get there inside and causing damages to the luan sheet. The same apply when you are on the road when it is raining. Silicone spot to cover these bolts is useless because silicone does not stick well to the darco menbrane. What I found to fix this bad desing is quite magic. I installed a rubberized self sticking menbrane tape that fix this problem 100%. Found the menbrane at Home depot and it is a menbrane that they use for waterproofing around windows etc. It is called BLUESKIN WB and it is made by Henry Company. It come in different size and can be cut to the size you want. For my part I cut a 2 inches band that I applied all around under the trailer. It is the same or similar as a rubber material that is used for repairing the inner tubes. See my pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07110.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	13160   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07114.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	13161   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07117.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	13162   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07113.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	13163  

capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
I was wondering about those holes and was considering using silicone to fill them up.
Thanks for the heads-up!!!

2010 Dodge Ram 1500
2012 Rockwood 2306
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Great idea. Question, wouldn't a 2"-3" strip of Eternabond do the same thing or are there some advantages to using the membrane tape that you used?
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
It is possible that it would do the same job. The thing I do know is the desing of this menbrane is very poor. Lots of hidden rotting floor can take place over a period of time.
capucine is offline   Reply With Quote