Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #1

Mobile RV Repair Services

I just want to give a shout out to North American RV Mobile Services

https://www.na-rv.com/

I had another 15K Dometic A/C go bad(3rd one) and I knew that the dealer would take forever to check out and repair so I called a mobile RV service. I called Monday morning(30th of July) and they were at my house Monday afternoon. They checked out the unit and determined that it was out of freon. They recorded the amps and took a photo of the Ser# and said they would submit to Dometic. I received a call yesterday(1st of Aug) to say that the new unit had arrived and would be able to install this morning at 8:30. The guys showed on time and were done by 10am. The tech Tom was very nice and said they had 3 certified techs and were hiring another next week. I have not had a lot of problems with my Tou Hauler but I will use them for any major repairs in the future. Also, they did all the warranty paperwork with Dometic and the service charge was $55.00
Old 08-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #2

Good news �� there r they located?
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #3

Good deal! Mobil tech is the only way to go! They r trying to make a honest living! I use one as well ! Very pleased with service and don’t have to wait for months!
GFAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #4

You are correct, using a mobile service is soooooo much better than waiting on a dealer.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill View Post
Good news �� there r they located?
Spring, TX (aka Houston).
Old 08-03-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
mads

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
I just want to give a shout out to North American RV Mobile Services

https://www.na-rv.com/

I had another 15K Dometic A/C go bad(3rd one) and I knew that the dealer would take forever to check out and repair so I called a mobile RV service. I called Monday morning(30th of July) and they were at my house Monday afternoon. They checked out the unit and determined that it was out of freon. They recorded the amps and took a photo of the Ser# and said they would submit to Dometic. I received a call yesterday(1st of Aug) to say that the new unit had arrived and would be able to install this morning at 8:30. The guys showed on time and were done by 10am. The tech Tom was very nice and said they had 3 certified techs and were hiring another next week. I have not had a lot of problems with my Tou Hauler but I will use them for any major repairs in the future. Also, they did all the warranty paperwork with Dometic and the service charge was $55.00

I had terrible service from a company that was sent out by my roadside service advisor. The guy had absolutely no idea on how to solve a slideout problem. I told him to leave after 1 hour and, luckily, found another, one person company that has wonderful service. This second company is called "At your Door", is based in Portland, OR, 503-910-2904. It appears to me that the advisor company does not evaluate capabilities and history before they send someone out.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:15 PM   #7

I have not used a mobile repair for my RV. I have used one for my boat. He was very good. I think most have to be good or they will not stay in business very long.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #8

Mobile RV Repair Tech Directory

Is there a nationwide directory of Mobile RV Techs that would assist in finding one when away from home?
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #9
mads

m0bile rv services - one directory

Mobile RV Repair - RV and Traveler Directory
Old 08-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LannyCox View Post
Is there a nationwide directory of Mobile RV Techs that would assist in finding one when away from home?
Unfortunately not. madsledet's post seems helpful. I have also used RVServiceReviews.com.

But most of the time, I look for word of mouth recommendations from campground staff and fellow campers.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsledet View Post
For those in the lower part of Washington State, (Longview, Kelso, Castle Rock, etc.), a number have used G R V Mobile RV Parts and Service (360)425-5527
Just me and the Wife
emeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 04:56 PM   #12

Boatman22 ... you are lucky.
I have been trying to find one in Massachusetts. No luck so far.

Must check out RV Service Reviews as submitted by ependydad

Directory from madsledit does not list Massachusetts (Mobile RV Repair - RV and Traveler Directory) Mobile RV Repair - RV and Traveler Directory
KEN9XL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, service