Old 06-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #1

Mobile RV Resources

Hi,

Repeated, casual references to seemingly easy access to mobile RV repair services frustrate me because there are none readily available to me here in northeastern Illinois. (Read that as the west suburbs of Chicago). But I also travel around the country enough to wonder about availability.

Does there exist anywhere a directory or some other compilation of mobile RV service providers in the US?

Thanks.

Rich Phillips

richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

Repeated, casual references to seemingly easy access to mobile RV repair services frustrate me because there are none readily available to me here in northeastern Illinois. (Read that as the west suburbs of Chicago). But I also travel around the country enough to wonder about availability.

Does there exist anywhere a directory or some other compilation of mobile RV service providers in the US?

Thanks.

Rich Phillips
AFAIK, nothing like that exists. The few that I have experience with I've only learned of by word of mouth. I don't believe they have much (if any) web presence either.

One place that we have recommended to friends and family nearby is Pearl Lake RV in South Beloit, IL. I'm not sure exactly what their range is but I just talked to their repairman yesterday and he said he was going over towards West Chicago. So if you do ever have a problem, keep them in mind.

There was another mobile repair guy that worked most of Northern IL/Southern Wisconsin that I talked to a couple of years ago. I'll have to see if I can find his business card.

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #3

Hi,

Thanks for a starting point. If he comes down to West Chicago ( the actual town) that's not far from me.

Seems to me there ought to be a way to gather and collate that info. Yet another Facebook page? If only I knew more about all the ins and outs of the internet...

Rich
Old 06-10-2019, 04:02 PM   #4

Usually the office at an rv park has the business cards of local rv mobile techs. You've got to do your own check of their reputation.
Actually, Google will give you results of rv repair shops 'near me' and they've usually got consumer ratings too.

2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
2nd rig 2006 Toyota Tundra &
2010 Cikira 21RB 19' travel trailer
Reverse_snowbird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #5

Hi snowbird,

I have done the Google thing, and it is an amazingly sparse universe for such a large metropolitan area. And the RV dealers here do not seem to offer mobile service -- at least one even actually puts on their web site they only service what they sell, much less offer mobile service.

Yes, there are some quite a distance from me, but I guess the larger issue here would be whether Google and ad hoc campground referrals are sufficient. Sure, I can get one in Quartzsite or Gulf Shores, but what about Rifle, CO, Santa Rosa, NM, or other less RV-centric locations?

Color me unfulfilled, I guess...

Rich
Old 06-10-2019, 04:24 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I often find who I’m looking for on RV Service Reviews. Not always the most up to date, but it’s a start.

After that, Yelp.

And after that, Googling.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #7

Hi,

I was sort of hoping for an RVParky kind of resource that I somehow had missed.

But thanks for the cumulative wisdom of three responders with an aggregate of 20,000+ posts under their belts.

Rich
Old 06-11-2019, 11:49 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by richp View Post
Hi,

Thanks for a starting point. If he comes down to West Chicago ( the actual town) that's not far from me.
Yes, the actual town.

Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote