Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 09:44 PM   #1

Monitoring and backup camera

We will be ordering our new Rockwood 2104S next week. I’m trying to set up for the back up, monitoring camera. I know Tadi brother makes a adapter for their cameras to mount right on. Has anybody bought other cameras and drilled the camera mounting plate to match the holes of mounting camera holes of the trailer. I like the idea of going Wi-Fi, but will be another question later.
Waterop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:55 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterop View Post
We will be ordering our new Rockwood 2104S next week. I’m trying to set up for the back up, monitoring camera. I know Tadi brother makes a adapter for their cameras to mount right on. Has anybody bought other cameras and drilled the camera mounting plate to match the holes of mounting camera holes of the trailer. I like the idea of going Wi-Fi, but will be another question later.
I mounted a new bracket and made a hard solder connection to my Furion wireless camera. 55 feet from front to rear and my image is perfect. I got the model with night vision. Wires are simply 12 volts tied into the running lights.
myxkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

I've been researching, and will probably end up going with the Haloview with a 7" screen, at 250 bucks, less than half the Furrion system of the same size. Their Furrion mounting plate and adaptor is 10 bucks. Nothing to drill.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

By the time you add the additional 'options' to the Tadi system, like audio, you are not much cheaper than Furrion.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #5

Keep in mind the differences between a "backup camera" and an "observation camera". An observation camera is usable as a rear view camera while traveling. Backup camera are unreliable while traveling.

Sam

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab with MAX Towing and Texan pkgs.
2019 Mid Year Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S
2016 Rockwood High Wall HW276 (2016 - 2018)
sctheis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
I've been researching, and will probably end up going with the Haloview with a 7" screen, at 250 bucks, less than half the Furrion system of the same size. Their Furrion mounting plate and adaptor is 10 bucks. Nothing to drill.

My 26 ft. trailer came with the Furrion pre-wired mount. I bought a Haloview and the adapter and it mounted on my trailer without a problem. The Haloview is a wireless system and it has worked without fail. The camera transmits the audio also, but I turned it off because I could hear road noise.
Medrare is offline   Reply With Quote