Old 01-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #1

My 2011 Georgetown 360 Motor Home

Well it has about 1500 miles on it and so far....the power point in the dash was wired backwards so it blew my wife's cell phone charger to smitherines, the bedroom TV was wired improperly, the emergeny brake pedal was missing the rubber pad (this is a brand new rig) next the hydraulic fluid was three quarts low when we got it home, the rear bedroom slide drifts out when travelling down the highway (a truck driver behind me got pretty excited) and also when it is parked beside my house, the main slide comes in cockeyed. Couldn't get it to the dealer brcause I was not going to drive 100 miles with the rig doing that. It been in the shop for three weeks now and so far they have changed the valves and replaced some hydraulic lines, the repair facility was told to change the lines to the bedroom because Forest River thought they were backwards.......not good advice, the high pressure line blew off and now the bedroom carpet is soaked with hydraulic fluid. The guy at the repair facility told me that he wished that he had never seen my rig, I said me too. What's next? Lets see how well Forest River stands behind their product, my repair facility is not a Forest River Dealer but Forest River authorized me to take it there, they are strictly a repair facility, I have used them before and they are top notch. I don't know what to do but I sure smell a lemon!

Old 01-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #2

Congrats I think?

My first question didn't you have a walka round and test everything at the dealer? Too bad now you just have to make a list up and take it back for them to correct.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #3

Georgetown 360

Of course I did a walk around, how many people plug a phone charger in the front power outlet to see if it works or in this case is wired backwards, also turning on the rear TV did not divulge any problems at the dealers but when my grandkids tried to play a game on it we found out that it was set up for surround sound which does not work in the rear TV anyway. As far as the slides go it's pretty hard to tell on a walk around if you will have trouble after 150 miles of driving.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #4

You've got me nervous....we bought the same unit last month. Took it out last weekend, and the large wall slide with couch, dinette and frig came back in slanted. I had to put my bedroom slide out, then pull the living room wall slide in. It's in, but not perfectly flush as it should be. We are taking it to the dealer feb 24th. Lord I hope it doesn't take days or weeks....we are stuck living in it till we can get back home! Ugh.........
Old 02-06-2011, 06:59 PM   #5

Have you checked the level of your hydraulic fluid? It is located under the passenger side just behind the steps, the hydraulic fluid should be about 3/4 to one inch from the top. If it is low put the fluid in while all the jacks and rooms are in, next lower the jacks and put out the slides. To purge the air from the system bring the rooms in one at a time beginning with the bedroom first large slide next, then the jacks one at a time beginning with the rear right, then rear left, then front left and finally front right, now check your fluid level if there was are in the lines the fluid level will be lower, I had to call Forest River because the repair facility found leaks in the valves, Forest River (John Armstrong 574-206-7618) and Equalizer (Paul 1-800-846-9659 X-339) will take good care of you. I don't have a FR dealer close by so I took it to an excellent repair facility that is not on FR's list of authorized repair facilities but they will pay for the repairs. Good luck, we really love the rig and hope to bring her home soon, maybe this week but the snow storms up north are causing shipping problems.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 PM   #6

Thanks so much. I'll check it out and hope for the best! Good luck to you!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Wish you the best with the problems you have had. Hopefully once they resolve the issues everything will be smooth sailing from now on. Please keep us informed how it all goes.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #8

We are waiting on our 360 coach..so what should we be villigent about and what to look for. Thanks
Old 02-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #9

Thumbs up

I think if I had it to do all over again I would have them extend the levelling jacks and extend the rooms all the way out and bring it all back in. I would have them check the level of the hydraulic fluid in the pump reservoir to make sure it was 3/4 to 1" from the top. I doubt that anyone would have the problems I experienced, I sure hope not anyway. Good luck with your new rig, we love ours despite the problems.