Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

Need Authorized Good Sam Extended Service Business in South Eastern NC

When I bought our used 2014 Silverback 33RL about 3½ months ago I added a 36 month Good Sam Extended Service Plan to the purchase and I want to be sure I keep up my end of the agreement. I bought it at Campers World of Myrtle Beach. Based on their prep work and their repair of the two items we found that day, I will not go back to them for service.

We live in southeastern, NC, near Wilmington. I'm looking for a recommendation for an RV service business that would be authorized to handle the Good Sam Extended Service Plan that s also honest, reliable and competent. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated?
Old 10-30-2016, 03:35 PM   #2

I brought a extended warranty from Tom Johnson/ Camping World and was told if I take the camper to another Camping World the deductible goes from fifty bucks to one hundred bucks. Let me know what you find out because it will not go back to Camping World. I wish I could cancel the warranty. C/W was going to charge me $297.00 not to fix the problem but to tell me what the problem was, I knew the problem the residential refrigerator fell off the mount. Camping World sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:56 PM   #3

Not very close but I have had good experiences and they handle the warranty. They are an RV repair service business. They have taken care of me with extended warranty issues.
Contact your insurance carrier, they can let you know if there is a repair facility near you. Look for an RV collision repair facility. They tend to fix them, not sell them.

Tonys Rv in Lexington, SC
http://tonysrv.com

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forum
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #4

Tony's RV is more than a 4 hour trip for me, but I will definitely keep them mind. I really like the idea they are truly service people and not RV sellers.

Thank you for the recommendation. I do appreciate it.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #5

Good Sams

Call Cape Fear Custom Rv in Wilmington I know that they did take it.And you can always carry to Any Camping World. May call gsams and get a few numbers also. Dennis Harp owner 910-762 8880
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:20 PM   #6

Need Authorized Good Sam Extended Service Business in South Eastern NC

I did a search for repair shops on your area and got this, Hope it helps. What you want is for them to honor your appointment and return your RV in the time they say. If they have a long lead time on parts, I would want to bring it home. Until the parts come in provided, it can come home.
Good luck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1478218672.277246.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	124623

Old 11-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #7

I contacted Cape Fear Custom RV and set up an appointment. I also contacted the Good Sam Extended Warranty people and found Cape FEAR Custom RV is authorized, so I am in business! Very happy. They are less than 30 minutes from my home. I can't believe it.

Thanks to all for your help and for the referral!
Old 11-04-2016, 07:33 PM   #8

Just a few notes. Per-authorization on everything is key. Go ahead and take pictures of your vin and damage. Take good ones. Warranty company may want them.
Get the claim number and call extended warranty and make sure they have everything. Have the repair folks copy you on all emails.
Get copies of any invoices. Just don't take your unit to the shop and wait. Stay engaged in the process.
Understand your warranty. Just because a part is covered does not mean any additional damage will be covered.
Good luck and keep us informed. We all need to know where the good shops are at.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
Just a few notes. Per-authorization on everything is key. Go ahead and take pictures of your vin and damage. Take good ones. Warranty company may want them.
Get the claim number and call extended warranty and make sure they have everything. Have the repair folks copy you on all emails.
Get copies of any invoices. Just don't take your unit to the shop and wait. Stay engaged in the process.
Understand your warranty. Just because a part is covered does not mean any additional damage will be covered.
Good luck and keep us informed. We all need to know where the good shops are at.
Garrette, I suspect many might benefit from your sound advice. Thank you.

Tags
good sam, service