Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 01:32 PM   #1

Need Help - Winterizing 2014 Sunseeker 3050S

Hey Gang,

I have winterized many of campers and boats over the years. But our 2014 Sunseeker 3050S Class C has me stumped.

I cannot find a fill hose coming off the water pump or near the hot water tank to stick in the jug of antifreeze and draw into the water line. Hot water tank is bi-passed which is under the fridge. But no where is there a hose to draw from the antifreeze jug.

I just winterized our 2012 Jayco (seasonal site camper) which is a breeze with the fill hose. However it doesn't appear that our Sunseeker has such a line.

Reading the manual, it almost sounds like they want you to dump antifreeze into the Fresh Water tank and draw from there. If this is the case, I must say a poor design. I have no desire to put the pink stuff in the fresh water tank.

My next step maybe to blow air through the City Hookup (with the proper fitting), just not sure how careful I need to be with air preasure.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks everyone...
2018 Coachmen Chaparral 338 TSIK
2016 (Seasonal Site) Chariot Park Model
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Jmsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #2

I bought a kit and installed a line for the jug myself in our Lexington, works good.

I read somewhere that 30lbs is fine but I could be corrected
Old 10-19-2014, 03:41 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Here are some thoughts; Cna't tell you anything about your Sunseeker, but with our tow behind that we had before buying our 5er, I winterized by dumping a couple of gallons of RV anti-freeze into the fresh water tank and pumping through all the lines. It's none toxic, but I still did a good flush in the spring. Never had a problem. I now blow the water out and set my compressor to 30-35 psi. My Surveyor has a winterizing inlet that I utilize to pump anti freeze through the lines. Call it double insurance. What state do you live in? Good luck.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydg View Post
Here are some thoughts; Cna't tell you anything about your Sunseeker, but with our tow behind that we had before buying our 5er, I winterized by dumping a couple of gallons of RV anti-freeze into the fresh water tank and pumping through all the lines. It's none toxic, but I still did a good flush in the spring. Never had a problem. I now blow the water out and set my compressor to 30-35 psi. My Surveyor has a winterizing inlet that I utilize to pump anti freeze through the lines. Call it double insurance. What state do you live in? Good luck.

Thanks.. We live in SWPA near Pittsburgh.. Our Jayco (we keep on a seasonal site) has a hose coming off the pump. Flip the valve after the hot water tank is bypssed, stick the hose in the gallon of antifreeze flip the switch to the pump and life is good..

Our Sunseeker seems to be missing that feature. Something I think Forest River should visit. I have no desire to put antifreeze into my fresh water tank. So I ordered from campint world a Hand Pump. One end goes in the jug of antifreeze and the other end screws into the City Water Hookup. Looks pretty simple..

Thanks for sharing..
Old 10-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #5

Don't know if the Sunseeker is set up the same, but in the Solera 24S there's a pick up hose in the rear of the sewer compartment. There's also a valve in there for winterizing, still have to shut off the W/H bypass valves in the rear of the water heater. Good luck.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkreck View Post
Don't know if the Sunseeker is set up the same, but in the Solera 24S there's a pick up hose in the rear of the sewer compartment. There's also a valve in there for winterizing, still have to shut off the W/H bypass valves in the rear of the water heater. Good luck.
Unfortunately it appears the Sunseeker does not have a pick up hose (unlike our Jayco TT).

The manual pump I just ordered from Camping World just showed up. So I'll just it tomorrow to winterize it. If it turns out to be an easy process, I'll just live with it. If not, I'll install a pick up hose next to the water pump.

Thanks for sharing..
Old 10-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #7

Jmsx2, correct, the 3050 does not have a pick-up tube for A/F. You can pump through the city water inlet with the kit you have bought but you will not get the water pump and the line to the frest water tank.If you want to use the water pump to winterize you will have to install a pick-up kit before the pump.
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 305, 3050s, sunseeker, winter, winterize