Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
MotocrossCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 653
I am at work right now so I don't have time to post all the links to universities that have done extensive studies on mold. There is absolutely no need to mix any chemicals if you don't feel comfortable. Use 4 parts water to one part white vinegar. It is the number one way to KILL mold! It has been proven time and time again. It is also in city codes as the only way allowed to treat mold.

Bleach will only help with the stain!

Bing
__________________

__________________
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
I found this on the web.

HOW TO ELIMANATE BLACK MOLD eHOW.com
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:35 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
MotocrossCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 653
This states how OSHA has banned the use of bleach to kill mold because it doesn't work.
Chlorine Bleach Effects

Here is one from the EPA
Does Bleach Kill Mold? || According to the EPA – “Biocides (like chlorine bleach) are toxic to humans as well as mold!

Good one on how to clean up mold with detergent and vinegar
Mold in Basement

Mold and other things you can do with vinegar
Vinegar Is a Nontoxic Cleaner: Clean With Vinegar To Reduce And Eliminate Household Pollution
__________________
MotocrossCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7
Rockwood06, I would take a sharp pocket knife and put a small slit in one of the worst ones and look under it and see if it is black underneath. If it is, it most likely a water leak somewhere. If not, it may be a reaction to some cleaning agent of maybe a wasp spray that was inadvertently sprayed on it....Frank
__________________
frank 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank 1 View Post
Rockwood06, I would take a sharp pocket knife and put a small slit in one of the worst ones and look under it and see if it is black underneath. If it is, it most likely a water leak somewhere. If not, it may be a reaction to some cleaning agent of maybe a wasp spray that was inadvertently sprayed on it....Frank
I will tell you when i noticed the large bubbles on the wall over the slide out. Last July when we went to Myrtle Beach, the camper was fine except for the bubbles on the back wall. Once i got into our site and got everything set up it was time to open the slide out....well the slide out would not open all the way, it stop 6" shy from openning completely, i tried to get RV service to come to my camper but no one was able to help me they were just too busy, so we lived with the slide out like that for two weeks at the beach.

We had never notice any thing wrong during the time we were there. Once we returned home the camper went to the dealers to find out what was wrong, after the problem was fix we took the camper back to our seasonal site in Hershey PA....at this time all was still good. The next weekend when we returned to the camper there they were, these big bumbs staring right at me There was nothing sprayed on the walls.

I plan on opening one of those bad boys up some time this weekend.

Thanks for your input.
__________________

__________________
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 AM.