Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuanss View Post
I have a 2008 1500 Silverado Crew Cab pulling a 2009 28ft V-Lite. It has a very heavy tongue weight and so far no problems. I haven't towed more than 50-60 miles but it was 2 lane back roads with hills. I have the 5.3 w/active fuel management. No problems with either the engine or the towing. If you look the height of the 2007 and up 1/2 ton 2wd is the same as the 4wd version. GM did a great job in the spring department on the new body style trucks.

Thats good news, the only towing I have done for right now was up to the dealers to get hitch done and then drove home and it was about 35 miles round trip. The hitch work and the truck did a real nice job. My truck is the heavy 1/2 ton extended cab with the 6.0 gas engine, heavy duty 4 speed auto trans and a 4:10 rear. I am towing a 34' Rockwood 8314ss. I have had the truck for about 6 months now and it has been setting, It only has 1,680 miles on it. Thank for the positive feed back, I can't wait to start towing with it.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #22

I had a Chev 1500 that pulled a 08 29' Flagstaff. I the rolling hills of Kansas the truck ran at 3500 to 4000 RPM most of the time, was not happy to work the truck that hard.
I went and bought a 2500 Chev Duramax with an Allison trans, this will pull the Queen Mary out of dry dock. I like the extra power to pull the trailer any place I want to go.

Life is something to do when you've finished breakfast
Chuck & Margie
Both Retired
08 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Flagstaff 829fkss
Round Mound of Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound of Sound View Post
I had a Chev 1500 that pulled a 08 29' Flagstaff. I the rolling hills of Kansas the truck ran at 3500 to 4000 RPM most of the time, was not happy to work the truck that hard.
I went and bought a 2500 Chev Duramax with an Allison trans, this will pull the Queen Mary out of dry dock. I like the extra power to pull the trailer any place I want to go.

I noticed that the rpm's on this truck in tow are right around 2500 rpms and 1500 with out a load. At cruising speed @ 60 mph the engine drops to 4 cylinders and the rpm's reduce as well, but I don't remember how low. I saw a 2500 HD I like but $50,000 is out of my reach right now and I did want to up grade my tow vehicle and with an $11,000 discount, I couldn't turn it down and I do liks red.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote