Old 07-31-2016, 10:03 AM   #31

Yeah cuz in my little trailer it blows like hell through the ceiling but when you close the quick cool there's not much air coming out of these vents. I think all of Forest River campers are probably ducked it too small.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:35 PM   #32

The factory AC duct cutouts in the ceiling run continuously from the front of the trailer to the back. They use expanding foam to block them off at the end of the run if not blocked by a wall.

We discovered cool conditioned air blowing out of the refer vent on the back outside wall. They neglected to block off the duct after the last outlet before the refer, allowing conditioned air to continue to blow in the ceiling duct over the refer, down the wall chase and out of the trailer!

Another duct was blocked with foam before the last vent on the run, not allowing AC into the bath area. Maybe the tech mixed up left from right.

AC work fine now!!

Old 08-01-2016, 10:21 AM   #33

Hey thanks for all the info on this evidently all too common problem. It seems I get cool air out of the quick cool vents. But there is not enough air to keep it cool in the living area with the quick cool vents closed (so I usually keep them open). The bedroom seems to be the coolest place in the rig. I am going to have a tech come out soon to take a look at this. But, again, I had a 2007 Montana 31 ft. and the air in there froze us out and even in the high desert in summer. Also had a 27 ft. salem years ago and it too did the job in the desert. So...
Old 08-01-2016, 10:39 AM   #34

I'm wonder how one would check to see if the ducts are not sealed but more importantly if they are not, how can one reseal it. The only access that I can see on my RV is to remove the little round vent on the far ends and pump some foam in there just as a precaution in case they were not adequately sealed?

Any ideas on the easy way to handle this.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #35

that is the only thing I could figure too( with the vent holes). when I get the tech in here (about 2-3 weeks) I will post what they advised or fixed (I hope). I have to move to a less remote area to get it checked because there aint nobody out here!!!
Old 08-01-2016, 11:07 AM   #36

Thanks I would be curious to know. It could be that the duct work is just too small for the capacity of the fan and AC but I would sure like to follow up on this possibility of a leak.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:26 AM   #37

I wonder that too (too tall). I have 2 vents in living area, 1 in kitchen area (besides quick dump), one in BR and 4 in bedroom (u figure that out-4 in an area half the size of the living area?)? Oorah!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
I'm wonder how one would check to see if the ducts are not sealed but more importantly if they are not, how can one reseal it. The only access that I can see on my RV is to remove the little round vent on the far ends and pump some foam in there just as a precaution in case they were not adequately sealed?

Any ideas on the easy way to handle this.
Yes, pull out/remove round vent deflector. Use a rod and a flashlight to probe for blockage. The ducks are blocked/sealed with expanding foam insulation.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #39

Thanks Henboy. I was wondering about that; now I have to find a flexible rod about 8 foot long
Old 08-01-2016, 05:53 PM   #40
Head Rambler

I took a picture inside my ducts this morning with my phone. The round vents are large enough for the phone to fit in them. The duct is tall enough for the camera part of the phone to fit inside. I could see the end of the duct. It looks like they smashed the ends of the ducts together to terminate the duct. However, that left a small hole on each side of the duct that is surely leaking cool air out. I plan on filling the end of the duct with foam to stop the loss.