Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Albany, GA.
Posts: 689
Camping this past weekend and it was ridiculously hot. I had read on this forum of someone who took a piece of stiff paper and taped it between the discharge air grill and the intake air grill. This was to prevent the cold air coming out from being sucked right back into the intake grill. I found a piece of stiff paper and taped it between the cold output air side and the inlet air grill. It DID make a difference that we could feel within fifteen minutes. I'm going to make something up that can be attached at this area and easily removed.
__________________

__________________
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #42
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
Camping this past weekend and it was ridiculously hot. I had read on this forum of someone who took a piece of stiff paper and taped it between the discharge air grill and the intake air grill. This was to prevent the cold air coming out from being sucked right back into the intake grill. I found a piece of stiff paper and taped it between the cold output air side and the inlet air grill. It DID make a difference that we could feel within fifteen minutes. I'm going to make something up that can be attached at this area and easily removed.


Pictures!


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "22"
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:37 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
Too Tall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
I took a picture inside my ducts this morning with my phone. The round vents are large enough for the phone to fit in them. The duct is tall enough for the camera part of the phone to fit inside. I could see the end of the duct. It looks like they smashed the ends of the ducts together to terminate the duct. However, that left a small hole on each side of the duct that is surely leaking cool air out. I plan on filling the end of the duct with foam to stop the loss.
That's a great idea. I'm going to do that tomorrow. It's ridiculous that we have to troubleshoot so much poor workmanship.
__________________
Rockwood 2104S, 2014 Ram 2500 Diesel.
USMC 68 -70
Too Tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #44
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Wyoming for now
Posts: 24
Great idea Rambler. will try that too. Do those round vents just pry out?
__________________
Drrayrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:34 AM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrayrn View Post
Great idea Rambler. will try that too. Do those round vents just pry out?


Yep they pop right out!



2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "22"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:41 AM   #46
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Yep they pop right out!



2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "22"
I'm getting one replaced because that's what I've been told!!
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped 2017 - 22
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #47
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I'm getting one replaced because that's what I've been told!!


I'd show you, however I think we've established I can't!


2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"
2016 nights camped "22"
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #48
Head Rambler
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southwest Alabama
Posts: 3,845
Mine have hidden screws and they pop right out. The base stays in the ceiling and the grill/trim piece pulls out.
__________________

__________________
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a GMC Sierra 2500HD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.