Old 08-15-2016, 01:30 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Ian Walker View Post
Don't forget to include as much room for clothes closets as possible. There's never enough even in the biggest trailers. Also install your master panel for lights, tank levels etc right beside the door where you come in. It's amazing where trailer designers place light switches. They obviously don't have to live in the trailer.
Funny you mention the closet space. When we were going through the layout, my wife thought the closet/wardrobe in the back wouldn't be necessary to replace....until I reminded her about clothes storage LOL. My plan is to build back the hanging wardrobe/dresser in the rear and most likely add more dresser type units in the lower bunk bed/storage area.

And a big hell yes on the panel and switches! This is definitely one of the major advantages to this project. Lighting, panels, switches and all other electrical will be exactly where and how I want it

Noodlestsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:17 PM   #12
Another thing. If there's some cabinetry you want to keep but it doesn't match what you purchase. Take a piece of the new cabinetry to Home Depot and get them to do a "paint match". DON'T try to match the stain. It's nearly impossible. You'll spend 2 hours TRYING to get a "similar" color and when you get home you won't be happy. The problem is the wood may not be the same as the original and so the stain won't be the right color.
Take your "paint match" & just paint the old cabinetry. Don't use a brush (leaves brush marks).
Use a foam brush. Depending how much you're changing the color you may need 2 coats.
I added a cabinet door in my bathroom. A friend who knows cabinetry told me this trick. The wood in the new cabinet was different from the existing cabinets. But after painting you would swear the new cabinet came with the trailer. It's not perfect but it's close.

Ian Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

23lb, flagstaff