Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #21

Mine has an overall power switch outside by the drain, which it will auto run in elec mode when plugged into 30amp. I can also run the gas at the same time ( for faster recovery) by hitting a swith in the inside control board. If there is not supplied electricity (30 amp), then i still have to turn on the outside power switch and hit the gas button inside.

Last weekend i had a problem where the hit water did not seem to be working in electric. (Began to think i had my first warranty issue). I noticed the reset buttons, hit those and turned on thas gas for a while, water gor hit. Turned off the gas and the water remained hot all weekend on electric.... yeah!!!!

Try a reset?

2011 Heritage Glenn 312QBUD
Old 03-03-2011, 07:12 PM   #22

WH in 3025RL

I think I can help here. My dealer did a pretty thorough PDI with me and went over many "what if" scenarios (including yours).

First, turn OFF the WH switch inside. Then go outside, remove the WH cover, and hit the reset buttons (the red arrow in the picture).

While you're there, make sure the small rocker switch below the reset buttons is in the OFF position (the green arrow in the picture). There should be a cotter key keeping this switch in the off position. My understanding is that this switch is a manual control for the WH electric system, but since our WH is "automatic" when it comes to gas/electric, it is only supposed to be controlled from the internal panel, hence the reason this particular switch should be OFF.

After making SURE:

1. Propane is available in the on-board tanks (does the stove-top easily light and STAY on?)
2. The valve(s) are completely open
3. There isn’t any air in the hot water lines
a. open the hot tap on the bathroom and kitchen sink until all the air is expelled.
b. you can also lift the relief valve handle (blue arrow in picture) to see if the WH is full but be CAREFUL!
4. The breaker for the WH isn’t tripped (power center on the kick panel down below the control panel inside)

Turn ON the WH switch. You will see the WH rocker switch light come on along with the "Reset" light next to it.

After a few moments, if you listen carefully you should hear the ignitor outside furiously clicking away to light the burner. It will try for 5-6 seconds, then stop for a minute. It will try this sequence 3 times to light, then go into "fail" mode, causing the "Reset" light to stay on and there will be no propane power to the WH.

With no propane and if you're plugged into shore power, the electric should take over and heat the water, but that is a S-L-O-W way to heat up 6 gallons of water as you've found out.

If you hear the ignitor clicking away but no luck firing up the gas burner, call a tech.

If you hear nothing after checking all of the above, maybe try hitting the reset buttons with the inside WH switch ON? I took notes during my PDI so I'm sure my dealer said "OFF" but maybe this might do the trick......

45 ACP is offline   Reply With Quote