Old 02-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #1

New to this forum and I need a favor.

We just purchased a 2011 Forest River, Blue Ridge model 3025 at an insurance auction and we need some help.

We lost our home to a fire on 1/6/2011 and we are planning on living in the 5th wheel until we rebuild our home, but we need some help.

There were no manuals with this unit and it has some damage from being in a slight wreck.

We need to find some manuals so we can operate this unit properly. Also we need to replace a broken drawer, and cabinet door.

The kitchen island was totally knocked over and has damage to the paneling pieces...so we have a little cosmetic work to do...but the most important thing is getting this baby up and running so we can move out of a hotel and get back on our farm.

We are hoping some of you will have the answers for us. I've tried finding an owner's manual online, but no luck.

And I was also wondering about a warrantee on the 5th wheel. How long are the warrantees?

I want to thank you in advance for your help. We've gone through a lot of hard times recently and we just need a little help and direction.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
CampeRooo

This might be the all-in-one number for your questions:

Parts Department (Owners manuals, RV parts, RV decals etc.) : (574) 534-3167

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 PM   #3
Anacortesians

We feel for your distress. Unfortunately we're FR Class A owners and have no background in the 5ers. Where are you folks located?

If you're anywhere close to the top LH corner, maybe we can help a bit.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

unfortunately, FR only provides a generic owner's manual.
it covers basic systems for all kinds of RV's.
there is no model or type of RV-specific manual provided.

there are manuals for things like the a/c, oven, fridge/freezer, furnace and so on.
but they are from the item's manufacturer and are available at the manufacturer's website.
examples would be a Dometic fridge or a/c. both would have the same materials available online, that you would get with the owner's manual.

there is no manual that will tell you anything about your particular RV, like this wall switch operates this.

it's a waste of paper and a good RV book would be more beneficial than the FR owner's manual.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

As for warranty, Forrest River offers one year. You may have a very hard time getting anything done under warranty, since it did not come from a dealer, and since it has been damaged in a collision. I would think the insurance company might have reported this to the factory. You also list minor damage, and state minor collision. My question is why wasn't this trailer repaired instead of being sold at an insurance auction? Sounds more like a total loss, and not worth fixing in the eyes of the insurance company. Please don't get me wrong, I'm sorry for your loss, but a 2011 (brand new) trailer in an insurance auction? I would just hope the title does not say "salvage".
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
Site Team

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear about your rotten January but if we can help with questions about your rig, just ask.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #7

Greetings,
The second that that fifth wheel was in an accident and totaled by the insurance company, I suspect that any warranty was voided and gone. What area do you live in? I think the best solution would be for you to try and find someone willing to come and give you some instructions on operation of the systems. Lacking that you might consider hiring a RV tech to come and do that with you.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
Villa Estate 392FLFB

good thing to do would be to list off what appliances you have and who made them. then maybe someone could scan in a owners manual if they have the same thing.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #9

Wow!! What a great group of people on this forum. I didn't expect to receive so many responces.

Thank you for your help.

In regards to the 5th wheel being sold at auction...it has a clean title (not savage) and has minimal damage. I really don't know why they wouldn't fix this unit instead of putting it on an insurance auction site.

I will check into the suggestions you have all mentioned.

We are kind of learning through the school of hard knocks about our rig.

Good to know that there is some kind people out there willing to help others!!

I will continue to contact this forum when I run into problem.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 PM   #10
CampeRooo

We all look forward to hearing from you again and assisting you through the questions with the new rig. We've all been through it and one thing's for sure, you DO have a great group of people here that will try to answer any questions you have and hopefully get you through this rough time, easier. Wishing you luck on the rebuild and comfort in your temporary home.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote