Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #1

Newbie List

I purchased a 2604ss and I have never owned a TT so Im starting fresh what should I purchase when picking my trailer up from the dealer?Again I own nothing.
Uwantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #2

Well you find out that this list go on & on, but here is some of it.
Sewer hose 10-15'
water hose 25'
30 amp to 15amp power cord crossover
wast water & gray water (Kitchen) tank chemicals.
If you winter camp elec. heater,
tool box with fuses , duct tape, multimeter be nice
tire blocking
Anything your wife need or wants. IF you need room - throw out above & keep hers.
JD & beer optional or maybe not!
there will be more to come alone & add to the list soon, but it a starting point.

Happy Camping

Almost forgot 4-way lug wrench
Old 11-10-2010, 10:54 PM   #3

First, see what's included. Many dealers include a "starter kit", which includes a sewer hose (called a stinky slinky), a white potable water hose, and some other basics. You definitely need these two hoses. Pick-up an adapter to allow you to plug into 15 or 20 amp 120v once you get home. I would also get a surge supressor for when you are plugged into a CG - too many power fluctuations in CG's not to have one of these! Much of the other stuff that you will need will depend on your camping style. Try "Camp Driveway" a few nights and make a list of the things that you need from the house/garage. You can then shop on-line, the dealer, WalMart, or whatever convenient, economical location that you want.

For safe towing, you'll need a GOOD set of extended mirrors (if your tow vehicle isn't so equipped), for wheel chocks I'm a Rotochock user, and these need to be ordered by calling Rotochock directly. Don't bother with the $5 plastic wheel chocks from the dealer - they serve little or no purpose.

Also, pick-up a small to medium size tackle box. Fill it with spare fuses, bulbs, solderless connectors, electrical tape, tie-wraps, garden hose gaskets, assorted nuts, bolts, washers, screws and nails, duct tape, Marvel Mystery Oil, WD-40, and of course, some duct tape. Every other month or so, Harbor Freight has a cheap electrical meter as their "free tool" for visiting the store. Wait until they have this (watch the Sunday coupons) and pick one of them up to stay in the TT.

I could keep going, but others may want to chime in.

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB
2022 Ford Ranger toad
Fire Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM   #4

Join the Good Sam Club, AAA RV, and Camping World because you will get great discounts at RV parks and accesseries. You now have a second house on wheels, meaning another kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc., and let the wife make those decisions when comes to buying stuff for those mentioned areas of the trailer.
nailit is offline   Reply With Quote