Originally Posted by 2Susan
We have been plugging the cord in as matter of routine so in case we need to switch on the generator it's ready to go. I'm happy not to see cord ends flopping around and nothing can accidently fall against the outlet.
Does someone else know of a reason why leaving it plugged in while traveling is not a good idea?
(big happy dance here - I finally know the answer to something instead of asking all the questions!)
There is no problem with leaving it plugged in other than don't turn on the AC and then try to start the generator. It should run for a few moments before putting a load on it.
I wasn't aware that some Georgetowns had the plug inside the compartment for the generator. I just assumed
, oh no there's that word, that they all had the transfer switch in them. What size generator do you have? Is the plug end for 30 or 50 amps, I'm just courious.