Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #21

I guess business must be awfully good if a dealer can afford to blow off future business that way. Best wishes in finding a local dealer or tech to do the warranty work. Going through FR does sound like a good idea.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:57 AM   #22

Same story here. I took my Wolf Pack to the nearest Cherokee dealer. Keep in mind when I was shopping for the model I wanted, this dealer told me they could not get them, so I bought it out of state. I went in and asked if they could do some warranty work on it. They told me they wouldn't because the warranty places never pay them. They are more than willing to do the work if I pay and try to get my money back from Forest River. I sent an email to the warranty guy at Forest River asking how will I know for sure that what I pay for to be fixed will be covered under the warranty and reimbursed. I have not heard back, and now that I'm typing this, I believe it's time I send him a reminder.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #23

Keep in mind your warranty is good at any FR dealer regardless of the model. We had issues with the quality of work from the dealer we bought from not to mention they were a couple of hundred miles from us. The only other dealer for our trailer line was 175 miles away. I contacted Palomino who helped me find a local FR dealer and greased the skids with them for our warranty work. The dealer backed me up on the way I wanted the problems repaired with Palomino. They took a little over a month and they even apologized it wasn't done sooner due to their scheduling problem. Needless to say I will use them for any large repairs I don't feel comfortable making myself and they are first on the list when we replace our current trailer in the future.
keith_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:34 AM   #24

Just as I went to send a reminder to FR, I had an email response:

"Have the dealer provide an estimate for the molding repair as well as pictures and I can get you authorization to be sure reimbursement is processed."

I have to give Cherokee\FR credit, so far they have been very responsive to all of my emails and very helpful.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:24 AM   #25

I just found out the dealer I bought from will not be selling or servicing any RV's effective 9-30-16. They are only going to sell Mobil Homes. They are 2 1/2 hours 1 way and I had to go back to them 1 time to get an AC replaced. I have a FR dealer that is 3 miles from my house and they will only do warranty repair if I pay $100 convenience fee and any difference in what they get paid from FR. Needless to say they lost all of my business.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman22 View Post
I just found out the dealer I bought from will not be selling or servicing any RV's effective 9-30-16. They are only going to sell Mobil Homes. They are 2 1/2 hours 1 way and I had to go back to them 1 time to get an AC replaced. I have a FR dealer that is 3 miles from my house and they will only do warranty repair if I pay $100 convenience fee and any difference in what they get paid from FR. Needless to say they lost all of my business.
Call FR and find out if there any folks in the area they will authorize to do work, or do like most of us have done learn how to fix things yourself, next option find a friend that can help you. I wish I had better answers.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #27

Yep I have fixed all the little stuff like trim, wiring hanging down, pocket door falling off, TV not working( replaced with a better one). I also put a 15K AC unit in the garage with thermostat.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:00 PM   #28
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restcure View Post
I guess business must be awfully good if a dealer can afford to blow off future business that way. Best wishes in finding a local dealer or tech to do the warranty work. Going through FR does sound like a good idea.
Well the production numbers are up... and based on the some of the quality issues that have been showing up they probably do have their hands full servicing just the units they sell.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:06 PM   #29

Quote:

Boatman22, by chance is your dealer located in Cedar Creek, Texas?
Phipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:57 PM   #30

Quote:
The $100. convenience fee is a bit over the top maybe $50. but having you pay the difference from what time and cost's it took them and what FR pays IS SPOT ON All dealers should charge the difference for actual time spent and what they can collect from the Manufacture . maybe the manufactures would step up quality!
Remember the dealer is not offering the warranty the manufacture is
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 09:10 PM   #31

I now can see that the RV world does not work on the same business model as the automotive industry. That said disregard ANY sales pitch about how great a warranty is offered.
kwf1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:09 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwf1958 View Post
I now can see that the RV world does not work on the same business model as the automotive industry. That said disregard ANY sales pitch about how great a warranty is offered.
One of the biggest mistakes RV shoppers make, is thinking that the RV industry operates like the Auto industry. BIG mistake!

The only thing that they have in common are that they both sell things with wheels at dealerships.
Other than that, they couldn't be more different.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipp View Post
Boatman22, by chance is your dealer located in Cedar Creek, Texas?
Yes
Old 09-28-2016, 08:49 PM   #34

Quote:
Yes

That is a shame about them. Today I had their tech John out to do some warranty work on my 2017 CC today, he does really good work. I got his business card, you can rest assured that I will be using him for all my out of warranty work. He also told me that there is no one left in the office or service department anymore, he also said that they will not even be selling modular homes either, 9/30 the business is official closed and gone.
Phipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:00 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipp View Post
That is a shame about them. Today I had their tech John out to do some warranty work on my 2017 CC today, he does really good work. I got his business card, you can rest assured that I will be using him for all my out of warranty work. He also told me that there is no one left in the office or service department anymore, he also said that they will not even be selling modular homes either, 9/30 the business is official closed and gone.
I agree, John is a great tech. Did he start his own mobile business? If so can you give me his #. thanks

Tags
dealer