Old 09-20-2016, 06:40 PM   #1

No help from local dealer

Email exchange with my local dealer/authorized repair facility. Is this what I can expect? I'm not happy, would oh be?

Hello Kenneth,

Due to our large customer base, McGeorge RV only works on our clients RVs. Please contact your home dealer in Michigan or Forrest River for further assistance. Or if your interested in becoming a McGeorge customer, I would be happy to help you find a replacement from our vast inventory.

Best wishes,

MARK Tazelaar
McGeorge RV

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/20/16 3:26 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Mark Tazelaar <Mark.Tazelaar@mcg.profollowup.com>
Subject: Re: Follow-up message from Mark Tazelaar, McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV

Mark,
I have a forest river A212HW that has a lift motor that does not lift the lid anymore. I bought this in December while I was in Michigan. We now live in Richmond and I need some warranty work done.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2016, at 10:59 AM, Mark Tazelaar <Mark.Tazelaar@mcg.profollowup.com> wrote:

Hello Kenneth:

Thanks again for your interest in our RV.

What specific questions do you have for me? I am here to assist you in any way you need.

Think of me as your Professional RV Outfitter. My job is to make sure you have everything you need to fit your requirements. We want to get you out enjoying your own RV adventures and do it UNDER your budget!

Generally folks contacting us are in one of the following three stages of searching for an RV:

1. Ready to Purchase. These folks have already done a ton of research and have identified the right RV they want to own. If you are at that point we'll just confirm your research and help you get the one you want and get you out there RV camping!

2. Looking to Learn. These folks are looking to get a really high quality education on RVs and RVing in order to be professionally outfitted for RVing adventures and make the right decision for their situation. At which point we'll make sure to go through all the questions that would be important to you like towing, how you'll be storing, and how many people you'll be sleeping so we can help you select something that is really going to fit your needs.

3. Deciding Where to Buy. These folks just want to find a person/product/company that they like enough to come in and do business with, at which point we'll make sure to sit down and show you the brands we carry, what our company does to take care of our customers long term, and then demonstrate our level of professionalism by explaining things that you probably wouldn't even know to ask for.

Please let me know what stage best describes your current status and how I can best serve you.

I am here to make your RV search process productive and enjoyable. How would you like to proceed?

Best regards,

Mark Tazelaar
Sales
McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV
(800) 462-2856 ext. 218 Work
(804) 307-7100 Cell
mtazelaar@mcgeorgerv.com

To Find Us On Facebook Find us on Facebook Follow Us Follow Us on Twitter Watch Us Watch us on YouTube
Visit our Website.

You are receiving this e-mail as a courteous follow-up message from Mark Tazelaar at McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV. Should you not wish to be contacted via e-mail, please go to: Opt-Out.

Old 09-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

From McGeorges... yes.

Welcome to the world of RV warranty work. If you can prove to them that you now live in Richmond, VA you might get somewhere with it, or maybe not. Good Luck!

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

As he was such great help I'm sure OP will have him at the top of the list when ready to upgrade. Yeah~~ Right!
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:29 PM   #4

learn to do things yourself . if your under warranty you should be able to get thepart sent to you from the dealer you got it from and or forest river that is if they are as good as some think
Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

Its to bad but this is how the RV industry works, I'm going to have to put 400 miles round trip to get the things fixed that broke on my last trip (all warranty work) but that how it is, Boise dealer will not work on units not purchased thru him.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Its to bad but this is how the RV industry works, I'm going to have to put 400 miles round trip to get the things fixed that broke on my last trip (all warranty work) but that how it is, Boise dealer will not work on units not purchased thru him.

You may have a mobile tech that FR will authorize the work. He may or may not have a shop and will probably come to you. Only the service call will not be covered and it will cost less than a 400 mile trip.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:30 PM   #7
DDC

Call Forest River and put the onus on them to find someone to do their warranty work.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:31 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwf1958 View Post
Email exchange with my local dealer/authorized repair facility. Is this what I can expect? I'm not happy, would oh be?
There are literally thousands of posts here about this kind of dealer attitude. The same goes for other RV forums, no matter what brand.
You need to contact FR for other dealers or RV shops in your area.

We bought our HTT from a Chicago dealer 2000 miles away from home.
FR found us a number of local dealers that would do the warranty work.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #9

I would copy and paste this on his or the company Facebook page.............Chit I might did it for you.......I would not expect this from any dealer, Forest River should be contacted to see what they think........Sad

2013 Ford F150 3.5 ECO SCREW
TT233S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
You may have a mobile tech that FR will authorize the work. He may or may not have a shop and will probably come to you. Only the service call will not be covered and it will cost less than a 400 mile trip.
Locate a RV Dealer/Repair shop,ask them if they will work on Your unit,if Yes call F/R for a Authorization # for Repair! Now have your unit Fixed and YOU PAY the Bill,Now send the Bill to F/R for Reimbursment! They are RVs for TRAVEL Don't let the SORRY Stealers give you or anyone the RUNAROUND! Don't BUY or Walk in the Door of this kind of place! Youroo!!

Tags
dealer