Old 11-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

No power

OK, I have no power in my Wildwood. Just brought it back from the shop to have a fan replaced in the bathroom (another crazy story) and I have trailer outside lights but NOTHING works inside. I have checked breaker box, fuses, etc. even wiring looks ok to my uneducated eye. Called the shop and they insist it was nothing they did but now want us to tow it back which is quite a drive. The main problem is they left the vent cover open in the bathroom and we didn't notice because it was almost dark when we picked it up. We cannot get to the bathroom with the slide in and have no power to slide it out, had to put plastic over roof and bungee it for now. Any ideas?? HELP

Old 11-25-2011, 11:55 AM   #2

I would check any GFC outlets and reset them. Also, check to see if the battery cutoff switch has been turned off.

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The slide is going to run on 12 volts, so GFI outlet doesn't matter at the moment. Check battery voltage, and make sure it is hooked up, and/or cut off switch if you have one. Back the tow vehicle close enough to plug in the towing cord, (7 pin round connecter), leave the tow vehicle running, and check your slide operation. Also if you can get to the monitor panel, what does it say about tank levels, battery voltage, or does it even work? One last place, there are some breakers between the battery and the camper, trace the red wire from battery down the tongue, and look for a small box with 2 studs and nuts with the battery cable bolted to one stud. This will be the breaker, and it might have a very small "reset" button, usually on one end. There might be two breakers, one for trailer power and one for slide power. Check them both, and good luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 02:35 PM   #4
Moderators' Assistant

you don't have vent covers on the vents? that should be one of the first mods you should do. well worth the money, since you can leave the vents open even if it's raining.

do you have the battery hooked up or are you simply just plugged into shore power?

if you just have battery power, there's a resettable breaker/fuse along the tongue frame, from the battery.
many times when the battery gets reinstalled, the wires get crossed and this breaker is set off, shutting down power to the trailer.
there are tons of threads on this with pics of the breaker/fuse.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I would check any GFC outlets and reset them. Also, check to see if the battery cutoff switch has been turned off.

Thank you checked for a cutoff switch couldn't find.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
The slide is going to run on 12 volts, so GFI outlet doesn't matter at the moment. Check battery voltage, and make sure it is hooked up, and/or cut off switch if you have one. Back the tow vehicle close enough to plug in the towing cord, (7 pin round connecter), leave the tow vehicle running, and check your slide operation. Also if you can get to the monitor panel, what does it say about tank levels, battery voltage, or does it even work? One last place, there are some breakers between the battery and the camper, trace the red wire from battery down the tongue, and look for a small box with 2 studs and nuts with the battery cable bolted to one stud. This will be the breaker, and it might have a very small "reset" button, usually on one end. There might be two breakers, one for trailer power and one for slide power. Check them both, and good luck.
Well, after reading up on the whole 12 volt converter thing I realized that the problem could be the battery (after much arguing with significant other) and just hooked up a charger since there was NO READING on the wall monitor panel. Guess what, after a few hours power back! Apparently it didn't charge back up on the way back from shop. Looks like they left a light on but still thinking I need a new battery. Just didn't think a bad battery could cause so much headache. Thanks!!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:08 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
you don't have vent covers on the vents? that should be one of the first mods you should do. well worth the money, since you can leave the vents open even if it's raining.

do you have the battery hooked up or are you simply just plugged into shore power?

if you just have battery power, there's a resettable breaker/fuse along the tongue frame, from the battery.
many times when the battery gets reinstalled, the wires get crossed and this breaker is set off, shutting down power to the trailer.
there are tons of threads on this with pics of the breaker/fuse.
Nope no covers didn't know there was such a thing, will get some asap. Thank You.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Never rely on your trailer's battery being recharged by simply towing it.
Most tow vehicles will only trickle charge at the most.
For a low battery, it would take hours of driving for your tow vehicle to recharge the trailer's battery.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote