Old 01-09-2015, 01:47 PM   #1

No response from customer service

I have a brand new 2015 Forester 2861. On my first outing last week, I noted that on level highway and road, it pulls rather strongly to the right. The steering also seems "loose" in that it wanders back and forth in the lane, requiring constant correction. Tires are inflated properly and the load is average and well-distributed.
I've sent two emails and made a phone call (left voicemail) to Forest River to find out who to take it to to get this addressed. So far three days and no response to anything. I am VERY annoyed at this lack of customer service.

First - anyone have any input or personal experience with these steering findings?

Second - who do It take it to for this kind of warranty work? I'm quite far from my RV dealer. Do I take it to a closer "authorized" Forest RiverRV dealer or to a Ford repair facility (E-450)? How about another local shop that specializes in tires, alignment, etc for trucks and commercial vehicles (have great RV experience and reviews). I want to make sure it's covered by warranty and that they know what they're doing in this area?

Third - If FR is reading this, please get on the ball with your support! Extremely unhappy new customer.

Thanks,
Russ

Old 01-09-2015, 07:49 PM   #2

I would try taking to a Ford dealer for that issue.

kdcamper

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 PM   #3

I agree. It's on a Ford chassis, so any issues there would have to be done at a Ford dealer, whether you take it there or the RV dealer takes it there for you.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #4

Angry Forest River Reply

If you get a reply from Forest River, you should consider yourself lucky. So has been my personal experience. I'm out of warranty so I'm the new red headed step child in their fold. Good Luck!!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:56 PM   #5

Thanks all.

Forest River -I know you watch these forums. I have right in front of me this very nice welcome letter I got in the mail from you a couple of weeks ago. Thank you so much for your purchase and please contact us should you have any questions. So far, just empty words.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmd View Post
Thanks all.

Forest River -I know you watch these forums.
Are you sure? I've read here several times that they do not. We had a "factory man" as a member here but he moved to another company and I've seen nothing from a replacement.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110 / '18 = 0; booked = 28
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #7
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russmd View Post
Thanks all.

Forest River -I know you watch these forums. I have right in front of me this very nice welcome letter I got in the mail from you a couple of weeks ago. Thank you so much for your purchase and please contact us should you have any questions. So far, just empty words.
please inform us on how you know FR watches these forums.
we have a 2 or 3 reps that are members here, but that's a personal choice.
never seen any evidence or corporate statement that they "watch" this forum.

Remember what's at the bottom of every page here:

DISCLAIMER:"ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."

Why haven't you enlisted your dealer in helping you out, by finding another FR dealer or Ford dealer to sort out the problem? that's where you should start first, they're the ones that you paid for the RV.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:33 PM   #8

Remember this is not a Forest River corporate forum. It is not connected with them.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:53 PM   #9

Russmd
I don't want to be a ***** but your dealer did a lousy job of getting you ready to own a MH. All chassis and drivetrain are taken care of by ford. If it's tires go to a dealer that carries the brand. Also get e mails and phone numbers from fellow owners so you can contact FR directly.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #10

Forest River

Go to the new Forest River website and look up the type of rv you own and then go to contacts and you will find your customer service reps phone #. I called Mon and this afternoon and was called back within an hour, and they are very helpfull.

Tags
customer service, service