Old 03-21-2016, 09:41 AM   #1

Location: North of I-10 & South of I-94, but East of I-5 & West of I-95
No Water at Toilet, Bathroom Sink & Kitchen Sink

Hello All,
2014 Forest River 360 PDEK
Here's my problem:
I have Hot & Cold water pressure at the shower, outside kitchen, and outside faucets.
I have no water at all at the bathroom sink, toilet, & kitchen sink. I was using the bathroom sink, and it simply"clicked" off...on water at all hot or cold, same at the kitchen sink.
Because the shower works, hot and cold (thank God) I surmise there is a check valve somewhere downstream of the shower plumbing, feeding the bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink.
Looking in the basement, I see one set of Hot and Cold waterlines going up through the floorboard, which I'm guessing go directly to the shower above.
Comments on why I have hot and cold water everywhere, except for the bathroom sink, toilet and kitchen sink?
Thanks for the help
Charles

Old 03-21-2016, 09:55 AM   #2

First dismantle aerators at faucet and clean up debris.....most likely...then the toilet valve.

Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
Head Rambler

I'd bet the Fonz has it correct. Most likely debris in the lines that has clogged up the aerators and toilet valve. Take the easiest one off first and see what you find. It's a common problem.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
First dismantle aerators at faucet and clean up debris.....most likely...then the toilet valve.

X3

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 03-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #5

Tried that, did not help. The sinks and toilet were working one moment, the next they were turned off, as if a shut off valve was activated. No water at all.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd House View Post
Hello All,
2014 Forest River 360 PDEK
Here's my problem:
I have Hot & Cold water pressure at the shower, outside kitchen, and outside faucets.
I have no water at all at the bathroom sink, toilet, & kitchen sink. I was using the bathroom sink, and it simply"clicked" off...on water at all hot or cold, same at the kitchen sink.
Because the shower works, hot and cold (thank God) I surmise there is a check valve somewhere downstream of the shower plumbing, feeding the bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink.
Looking in the basement, I see one set of Hot and Cold waterlines going up through the floorboard, which I'm guessing go directly to the shower above.
Comments on why I have hot and cold water everywhere, except for the bathroom sink, toilet and kitchen sink?
Thanks for the help
Charles
Q for you,have you drained through the "Low point Drains"before you drained the "W/H"? This can cause "White Crud" to be pulled "Downstream from the W/H! Do you also have the W/D in the front? If so is the Washer flowing water? Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Q for you,have you drained through the "Low point Drains"before you drained the "W/H"? This can cause "White Crud" to be pulled "Downstream from the W/H! Do you also have the W/D in the front? If so is the Washer flowing water? Youroo!!
Excellent Questions...
I did not drain from the low water drain; I released pressure on several attempts at the Hot Water heater, and taking the water filter canister off, which I replaced thanking it was a clogged water filter. The Washer and Dryer are located in the front, I have not been able to check these, as I do not have electricity yet, at my property where the camper is located...I'm on 12 volt only, recharging batteries with solar.
I still believe it's a shut off valve somewhere, because the way the water stopped, literally like turning the faucet off...running good one minute, the next, nothing at all.
Also, I'm transferring water from my well, to the fresh water holding tank, and using the 12volt pump, which is pressurizing, and cycling off and on like it should, so I know it's not a pump problem.
Question: Does the Hot Water By-Pass valve contain a check valve?
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 11:09 AM   #8

Water filter is "Before" your W/H so it catches "Nothing" coming out of W/H! I know of NO valve that would be stopping flow to H & C supply lines like you describe! I still go with "White Crud"! Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Water filter is "Before" your W/H so it catches "Nothing" coming out of W/H! I know of NO valve that would be stopping flow to H & C supply lines like you describe! I still go with "White Crud"! Youroo!!
So If I hear you correctly, are you saying to evacuate all water from the low point drain and see if white crud comes out?
Or, because I drained from the Hot Water heater, before draining from the low point drain, then if any white crud existed, it would be flushed out at the Hot Water heater pressure release on the outside Hot Water heater panel...which no white crud came out when I did that.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd House View Post
So If I hear you correctly, are you saying to evacuate all water from the low point drain and see if white crud comes out?
Or, because I drained from the Hot Water heater, before draining from the low point drain, then if any white crud existed, it would be flushed out at the Hot Water heater pressure release on the outside Hot Water heater panel...which no white crud came out when I did that.
Thanks
No ,just Opposite, Drain the W/H 1st,then the LPD's! If you Got NO White Crud out of your W/H then it went "Downstream"! Thus your "Clog Issue"! Youroo!! Also "Releasing Pressure" from the Pop off valve,does Not Drain the W/H!

Tags
roo, water