Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 08:41 AM   #1

Location: North of I-10 & South of I-94, but East of I-5 & West of I-95
No Water at Toilet, Bathroom Sink & Kitchen Sink

Hello All,
2014 Forest River 360 PDEK
Here's my problem:
I have Hot & Cold water pressure at the shower, outside kitchen, and outside faucets.
I have no water at all at the bathroom sink, toilet, & kitchen sink. I was using the bathroom sink, and it simply"clicked" off...on water at all hot or cold, same at the kitchen sink.
Because the shower works, hot and cold (thank God) I surmise there is a check valve somewhere downstream of the shower plumbing, feeding the bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink.
Looking in the basement, I see one set of Hot and Cold waterlines going up through the floorboard, which I'm guessing go directly to the shower above.
Comments on why I have hot and cold water everywhere, except for the bathroom sink, toilet and kitchen sink?
Thanks for the help
Charles
2nd House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:55 AM   #2

First dismantle aerators at faucet and clean up debris.....most likely...then the toilet valve.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:02 AM   #3
Site Team

I'd bet the Fonz has it correct. Most likely debris in the lines that has clogged up the aerators and toilet valve. Take the easiest one off first and see what you find. It's a common problem.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie View Post
First dismantle aerators at faucet and clean up debris.....most likely...then the toilet valve.

X3

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #5

Tried that, did not help. The sinks and toilet were working one moment, the next they were turned off, as if a shut off valve was activated. No water at all.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd House View Post
Hello All,
2014 Forest River 360 PDEK
Here's my problem:
I have Hot & Cold water pressure at the shower, outside kitchen, and outside faucets.
I have no water at all at the bathroom sink, toilet, & kitchen sink. I was using the bathroom sink, and it simply"clicked" off...on water at all hot or cold, same at the kitchen sink.
Because the shower works, hot and cold (thank God) I surmise there is a check valve somewhere downstream of the shower plumbing, feeding the bathroom sink, toilet, and kitchen sink.
Looking in the basement, I see one set of Hot and Cold waterlines going up through the floorboard, which I'm guessing go directly to the shower above.
Comments on why I have hot and cold water everywhere, except for the bathroom sink, toilet and kitchen sink?
Thanks for the help
Charles
Q for you,have you drained through the "Low point Drains"before you drained the "W/H"? This can cause "White Crud" to be pulled "Downstream from the W/H! Do you also have the W/D in the front? If so is the Washer flowing water? Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Q for you,have you drained through the "Low point Drains"before you drained the "W/H"? This can cause "White Crud" to be pulled "Downstream from the W/H! Do you also have the W/D in the front? If so is the Washer flowing water? Youroo!!
Excellent Questions...
I did not drain from the low water drain; I released pressure on several attempts at the Hot Water heater, and taking the water filter canister off, which I replaced thanking it was a clogged water filter. The Washer and Dryer are located in the front, I have not been able to check these, as I do not have electricity yet, at my property where the camper is located...I'm on 12 volt only, recharging batteries with solar.
I still believe it's a shut off valve somewhere, because the way the water stopped, literally like turning the faucet off...running good one minute, the next, nothing at all.
Also, I'm transferring water from my well, to the fresh water holding tank, and using the 12volt pump, which is pressurizing, and cycling off and on like it should, so I know it's not a pump problem.
Question: Does the Hot Water By-Pass valve contain a check valve?
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 10:09 AM   #8

Water filter is "Before" your W/H so it catches "Nothing" coming out of W/H! I know of NO valve that would be stopping flow to H & C supply lines like you describe! I still go with "White Crud"! Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 10:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Water filter is "Before" your W/H so it catches "Nothing" coming out of W/H! I know of NO valve that would be stopping flow to H & C supply lines like you describe! I still go with "White Crud"! Youroo!!
So If I hear you correctly, are you saying to evacuate all water from the low point drain and see if white crud comes out?
Or, because I drained from the Hot Water heater, before draining from the low point drain, then if any white crud existed, it would be flushed out at the Hot Water heater pressure release on the outside Hot Water heater panel...which no white crud came out when I did that.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd House View Post
So If I hear you correctly, are you saying to evacuate all water from the low point drain and see if white crud comes out?
Or, because I drained from the Hot Water heater, before draining from the low point drain, then if any white crud existed, it would be flushed out at the Hot Water heater pressure release on the outside Hot Water heater panel...which no white crud came out when I did that.
Thanks
No ,just Opposite, Drain the W/H 1st,then the LPD's! If you Got NO White Crud out of your W/H then it went "Downstream"! Thus your "Clog Issue"! Youroo!! Also "Releasing Pressure" from the Pop off valve,does Not Drain the W/H!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:23 AM   #11

So that rules out the white crud thought, because I drained the Hot Water heater, and did not get any White Crud, And I've never drained the system from the Low Point Drain, so that would not pull any White Crud into the system.
Still confused why the water supply is shut down...
Do you know if the Hot Water Heater bypass valve has a check valve in it?
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 11:36 AM   #12

Also, I remember reading about a shut off valve, in some RV's, at the shower area, to prevent water from being sucked away from the shower,should all the other faucets be turned on...maybe this RV has some type of valve like that regulating fixtures so the Shower gets the pressure? The shower works great, with lots of pressure and both hot and cold water.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:38 AM   #13

Any of these places have issues before?
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #14

I do not know if your system has a check valve. I do know that you are one of the Only Members that has drained a W/H and NO White Crud ran out! What % of use did your A-Rod have,if you have a Suberban Heater? Youroo!!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:48 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Have you tried completely de-pressurizing the system, then turning back on?
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:56 AM   #16

I bought the camper brand new. I now remember the salesman telling me they always flush all their campers they receive, before they sale them, to get rid of all the manufacturing debris. So it sounds like this particular dealer knew of the white crud issue from previous sales, and maybe that is why they flush all their new campers first.
If there is white crud in my camper, where would it collect, other than the airators, because I already checked them.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 12:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Have you tried completely de-pressurizing the system, then turning back on?
I have depressurized the system from the Hot Water heater several times, and also depressurized at the running facet areas so no water comes out at all, no pressure, then turned the pump back on. I did this in hopes that if there is a stuck check valve somewhere, it snap back into place with no pressure.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Any of these places have issues before?
No issues until now, and at one point, I was living in my camper full time.
Thanks
Old 03-21-2016, 12:37 PM   #19
Site Team

Depressurizing the water heater and draining it via the WH drain are two different things. Depressurizing does not get rid of crud. I would not spend any more time looking for a shut off or check valve as I have never seen one used in an RV water system. Also you say there is no water in shower or bath sink. There are two separate lines to those so even if one was shut off, there should be water on the other one. You can try turning off pump and disconnecting public water. Opening Kitchen cold faucet. Then open bath cold faucet and apply a small amount of air pressure <15lbs and see if it will dislodge the crud. If that works. open low point drains slightly and slowly add water pressure to system. Try to move the crud along without having it block the system and hopefully it will flow out.

If you were living in the camper ( unless you had perfect water) you have to have some WH crud. Does it have an anode rod(Suburban)?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #20

No Flow

If you have the water pump with the winterizing valves turn off the city water and try using a gallon jug of water and try flushing the system (like you were going to winterize) opening the faucets that don't work. One of the hardware stores I was in had a garden hose fitting that screwed into the faucet - then you could back flush the faucet, I would probably open the low level drains. I wouldn't go over 40 psi, could blow plumbing apart.

Tags
roo, water