Old 07-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #1

No Water. Help!

We have a 2018 Forest River Forester. We are getting no water, when using the water tank and pump but works fine when connected to campground line pressure water works fine.
I canít tell if there is fresh water in the tank because the indicator is reading nothing along with the grey water and black water gauges .
When I try to fill the tank the fill line is full and wonít takes any water.
I canít tell if thereís water in the tank or not.
Iím not sure where the drain is, I did find two lines one white and one blue next to the filer when I open it nothing comes out.
Could the fill lines be plugged of kinked?
If anyone could help that would be great!
Steve

discjocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:55 PM   #2

Have you turned your pump on? Is your pump running? Have you checked to ensure you have 12V power?

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:10 PM   #3

take it a step at a time! find the fresh water drain (a single hose) and open it to see if you have water in the fresh water tank. if you do it will drain out. if not, you probably never filled it. hook you water hose up to the city water inlet port like you do when you use city water. now look for a lever that probably has a legend near it that says something like 'normal / fill' or 'city water / tank fill' or something similar. try turning the level 90 degrees. this should redirect the water from the attached hose away from the plumbing lines into the fresh water tank. you'll hear it flowing. let it run a bit and then verify that you have water in the fresh water tank. turn off the water so there is no flow in the incoming hose and try your pump
Old 07-01-2019, 03:11 PM   #4

There should be a drain line under rig near tank. It will normally have a cap that screws off to drain the tank OR sometimes a valve. Open this would give an indication of "is there water in the tank.

Do you have 12 V power. Pump runs off it and indicators that say "empty" run off it.

You will hear pump running even if not a water supply. Priming issue? Hear pump running?

Are you plugged in to shore power?

City water has no pump. Runs off of city pressure. Dont run pump if city water is connected and ON.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #5

Water problem solved thanks for all your help!

So it turns out the inline line to fill the fresh water tank has curves in it not allowing you to fill the tank just by pouring water in. However by using a pressurized water hose it sources the water into the tank, the tank was empty.
Steve
discjocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by discjocks View Post
So it turns out the inline line to fill the fresh water tank has curves in it not allowing you to fill the tank just by pouring water in. However by using a pressurized water hose it sources the water into the tank, the tank was empty.
Steve
Be sure to take some time and fix the fill line so it will let water flow into tank without pressure.

If you try filling tank with pressure from hose you run the risk of expanding the tank and possibly breaking tank supports (at the very least). The vent won't release pressure as quickly as water flows in on a gravity fill.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:30 PM   #7

One thing a lot of people forget to check when they start to have decreased water flow is the small in-line filter right before the pump. The tanks do not get properly flushed out upon construction, and all the little clear or white-ish turnings get into the filter and clog it up. You can get enough water thru it to make the pressure switch, but then flow drops immediately when you open a faucet. I make it a point to clean it out each year, when I de-winterize the RV.

Blank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water