Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 AM   #1

Norcold Fridge Thermositor

How do I know which one to get, I see a few different part numbers available on Amazon. Mines in a 2018 Cherokee limited 304 BH. I dont see a number on the old one anywhere? My Fridge is getting to cold! Thanks!

ronheater70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM   #2

Have you tried moving the thermistor to adjust the temperature? You move it toward the center of the fin to raise the temperature and move it to the edge to lower the temperature.

We have a Norcold and it kept freezing, even after replacing the thermistor. The dealer called Norcold and Norcold had them install a new control unit, which is located on the front of the unit between the freezer and fridge. It has an adjustable setting in it, where the old one didn't. That fixed our problem.

If you want to replace the thermistor, take a look at this. It was our next option. https://www.snip-the-tip.com/NorcoldThermistor.htm

Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #3

With our norcold you move to the right to warm, and to the left to cool
Regardless I have moved it all over the place to no Avail!

The Fridge in My shasta was as you describe, moving it up or down on the Fins changed the setting!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:01 PM   #4

Let the dealer know and they can fix it for you. It took two trips to the dealer for it. They will even tell you that too cold is rarely the problem, so they don't know much to do for it. On the first trip, they cleaned out everything and replaced the thermistor. That didn't solve the problem, so when I returned they called Norcold.

Like I said, Norcold sent the controller from the more expensive refrigerator to fix ours. It has worked like a charm since.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #5

Honestly I would rather try a 15 dollar part rather than hooking up my trailer and having it set there for some time. Camping season is coming into full swing and I have many trips planned. At least its too cold, I can shut it off and let it warm up if need be! I just have to find the right one!
Old 05-22-2018, 06:58 AM   #6

The model number should be on a sticker, inside the fridge. You may need to bend down to see if it is near the top on the right side wall (as you are looking in it). Once you find that, you search for the thermistor for your specific refrigerator. They reuse the same parts in many different models, so if you can't find that specific model, look for a model number close to yours.
If you can't find it, you should have received an owners manual with your RV. It should have the model number on it. Again, it may have a range of model numbers and that range should give you an idea of the associated part numbers for common items, such as the thermistor.

For example, here is the location of the parts list for my fridge. https://www.thetford.com/wp-content/...Parts-List.pdf It lists the same thermistor part number for all of the related models.

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:52 AM   #7

Thanks Ben, thats what I did, I went home and looked it up on the fridge. Camping world is only 10 minutes from my office and I mistakenly thought I could simply say the year, model of camper and get it taken care of and they suggested the same thing. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2018, 02:55 PM   #8

I installed one of these, improved the performance of the fridge tremendously. It may help your problem as well.

https://www.snip-the-tip.com/

Jim & Kathy
Bailey, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
Gracie, a rescued Beagle
2007 Chevy Tahoe
2008 FR Surveyor 233T
JimChow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge