Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #1

Ok I am stumped! Surrond Sound?

Gang,
Brand new 351BHT my surrond sound works awesome on everything but the TV. I remember this issue with my Laredo and fixed it but can not remember what I did. Any thoughts?

Tim
dusky203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Site Team

OK, I don't have a 351BHT but I'm stumped anyway.
What do you mean?
If your surround sound works anytime it would be when you were playing
a DVD movie that had surround sound. I guess nearly all modern movies
have it. Some oldies will not have it.

So are you saying you have sound but no picture???
You have picture but no sound??

Please clarify and maybe folks can suggest something.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #3

I have a 351bht and my speakers in the slide out area are not on when you have the tv on, only the speakers in the entertainment center are on. The speakers in the slide out area come on when you play a movie with surround sound. I read through the manual but it does not explain if the entire surround sound system should be working with just the tv on. Let me know if you find anything out.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 AM   #4

Our dealer told us that surround does NOT work with the TV, only with the receiver ie radio, dvds.
clsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #5

Smile Sound

In order for you to have surround sound on your tv, the program you are watching must offer it. You know like when it says broadcast in Dolby surround 5.1. Then it may work or like your dealer said only with DVD's
I do know if yours is hook up to your radio you get some pretty nice tunes coming out of them there speakers.
jm2c:
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 AM   #6

I have a Bose Lifestyle 12 system connected to my tv at home, DVD's that are marked on the back of the move case will say Dolby 5.1, some of the older cd where not in 5.1 dolby digital, if all is hooked up correctly you will get true surround sound. This means that out of 5 differant speakers you will get 5 differant sounds. If a VCR is used you will not get a true 5.1 sound, you will get left-right stereo only with the same sound from the rear speakers. If the tv station is not in 5.1 the same thing should occur as a VCR as long as the tv is in stereo mode. The sound out of each speaker should be set at equal levels, I don't know about your system but I can control the rear levels and the center channel independently from the rest of the system. I have a test cd from Bose that I use to make adjustments if needed. But in any case even with regular tv I get sound out of all 5 speakers but not in surround sound. If you can control your rear speakers make sure the volume level is up. On the back of my tv I have a single connection for a surround sound systrem for audio out, it is a digital out connection to be used with the Bose system, it is the only connection made. If you want to inprove the picture and sound quality use a Blu-Ray dvd player, the quality of the picture and sound using a standard dvd is fantastic. Check the tv and the surround sound systems manual for the right connections. If a single digital connection is made, you can not use any other connection, it will cancel each other out if both are connected at the same time. The other connections I am talking about are the Red,White and Yellow jacks.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 AM   #7

Google: What is Dolby Digital Surround Sound......Then go to the left hand side and make a selection to narrow your search. Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I don't know how your system is wired but I have a Forest River Georgetown with the Home Theatre Surround System with DVD Player. The way it came wired from the factory did not allow the TV to play through the surround system. I found there is an Aux. Audio Input on the back of the surround system unit where the TV Audio Output cable can be plugged into. I used a two cable set-up Red / White Audio Cable from the TV Audio Output to that Audio Input on the surround system. All I have to do is select the Aux. on the surround system and my TV plays throughout the system. Football games give you the announcers in the front and the field-crowd sound coming from the rear speakers, but this only happens when the broadcast is in surround. Hope this helps! Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 PM   #9

You have:
#1 Stereo, two different sounds....Left and Right.
#2 Surround Sound, Center Channel (voice), two different sounds....Left and Right....Rear, equal sounds from both Left and Right (background sounds).
#3 Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, five different sounds....Center Channel(voice), two different sounds from front Left and Right and two different sounds in both rear from background sounds. If a show on tv is in stereo and you use a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound system, you will not get 5.1 surround sound. The receiver to the stereo system will automatically read the information that is being supplied from the broadcast and convert it to Dolby Digital Prologic. The end result is that it will sound more like Surround Sound and that would be #2.
FYI, Sony Blu-Ray DVD players are set up for Dolby Digital 7.1, Yes 7 speakers.