Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2015, 08:26 PM   #1

Outdoor Kitchen Sink won't drain

We have a 2015 Vibe 268RKS. The inside kitchen sink drains fine. The valve under the slide is open. However the outdoor sink isn't draining. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!
Pilow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:58 AM   #2

Look for another valve to open. Some have been under the camper with no handle and a couple of reports of them in side of the underbelly.

If no luck I would contact dealer or FR for further information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:43 AM   #3

Try opposite side from ok sink on frame. T handle kinda hard to find. May have to lay down to see if can't locate by feeling around.
Sydvero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:10 PM   #4

Is your outdoor kitchen sink draining to your black or grey water tank? On our 8312SS, the outdoor sink is plumbed to the black tank. After the black tank fills to just over 2/3, the outdoor sink will stop draining freely.

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #5

Mine has its own tank.
Sydvero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #6

He may have one of the weird ones that have no tank and drain to a gate valve. Valve has to be open to drain sink. I guess either full hookups or a sewer tote is required for that type.

Linc

2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3006WK
2014 Ram 1500
missing_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #7

I have the same trailer - 68 RKS have had the exact same issue. Look underneath the sink on the pull out unit and there is a black pipe with AP trap in it. After the P trap it goes into a black horizontal PVC pipe. Where the P trap enters the pipe there is actually a one-way rubber valve, almost like a condom boot. Unscrew the P trap and get to the straight section of pipe and push the rubber boot back in so that it's in line with the black pipe. The reason this valve switched on you is the grey water tank filled up by your kitchen sink, which is lower than you're outside sink. It stops it from backing up the sink and running outside.
Old 01-07-2017, 05:54 PM   #8

I have a 2015 Shasta Phoenix 35 BH with the outdoor kitchen. The sink will not drain unless I use a plunger to push the water down. It has its own grey tank and vent, always open grey tank valve and have checked vent and it is clear. Wondering if it should have some sort of air vent in the drain line.
RVTCMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVTCMT View Post
I have a 2015 Shasta Phoenix 35 BH with the outdoor kitchen. The sink will not drain unless I use a plunger to push the water down. It has its own grey tank and vent, always open grey tank valve and have checked vent and it is clear. Wondering if it should have some sort of air vent in the drain line.
Have a read in my post above yours. Your trailer may very well have the same one-way valve in the drain pipe below the sink.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilow View Post
We have a 2015 Vibe 268RKS. The inside kitchen sink drains fine. The valve under the slide is open. However the outdoor sink isn't draining. Any thoughts? Much appreciated!
I have a 2018 Forest River Forester and had incurred what I thought was a clogged outside sink on two occasions this 2020 December.

I was frustrated as I had to impose on my daughter to have a place to lay my head. Remedies were non existent until I read the arguments concerning the problem on the forum.

The argument embraced the stupidity of whether or not the outside sink drained into gray water or into black water. With both barrels loaded and an RV full of water in said sink I srtout to test the hypothesis. Sure enough i connected the drain line to the black sewer tank, yanked the valve open and VOILA! The sink drained immediately.

The tanks are not drained regularly on the Forest River Forester model 2861DS Class C RV motor coach expect the following:
1. Failure to drain the gray water tank will result in back up into the shower pan.
2. Failure to drain the black tank will result in back up in the outdoor sink.

I have a sub issue to #1 which is the valve to the gray tank is accompanied by a valve with a black handle which must also be opened when draining the gray tank. Which tank it drains is beyond my understanding.
Rls9498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rls9498 View Post
I have a 2018 Forest River Forester and had incurred what I thought was a clogged outside sink on two occasions this 2020 December.

I was frustrated as I had to impose on my daughter to have a place to lay my head. Remedies were non existent until I read the arguments concerning the problem on the forum.

The argument embraced the stupidity of whether or not the outside sink drained into gray water or into black water. With both barrels loaded and an RV full of water in said sink I srtout to test the hypothesis. Sure enough i connected the drain line to the black sewer tank, yanked the valve open and VOILA! The sink drained immediately.

The tanks are not drained regularly on the Forest River Forester model 2861DS Class C RV motor coach expect the following:
1. Failure to drain the gray water tank will result in back up into the shower pan.
2. Failure to drain the black tank will result in back up in the outdoor sink.

I have a sub issue to #1 which is the valve to the gray tank is accompanied by a valve with a black handle which must also be opened when draining the gray tank. Which tank it drains is beyond my understanding.

Hello -Ris-,

You have pulled up a thread that was started over 5 years ago. It may be best to have your own thread that the moderator can move to, so you can get the best answer for your certain Unit. The Original Poster has a pull behind unit with an outdoor Kitchen. Many pull behind campers have (3)three holding tanks.... Gray (inside sink), Black(toilet), and one Gray for out side sink. Your Class C RV may only have two tanks, one Black and one Gray. I do not think that your outside sink should be draining into your Black tank.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, drain