Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2010, 08:00 AM   #1

Parts from Forest River

About a week ago I contacted Forest River about needing parts (waranty) for my 2902SS. They sent me all of the parts in no time at all for my repairs. Gregg Rollins at F.R. was very helpfull and the parts arrived in about a week. My dealer is always saying it takes weeks to get parts...they are full of @#%##. Forest River has been more than helpfull.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:56 AM   #2

It's funny, I have read posts from members who say that FR refuses to help them with parts, and other posts like yours. I too quickly received some needed parts from FR after I called them about a leaking storage door.
grandpaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:57 AM   #3

My dealer (which no longer sells Rockwood) tells me "bring your camper in for diagnostics, which takes 1 to 2 weeks. Then we will contact Forest River for parts and then we will schedule to work on your camper" I have been told by my service department that it will take several weeks for most repairs. I dont need a "diagnostic appointment" when I know exactly what is broken. I have gotten poor service from my dealer after the sale. I have a 2011 Rockwood 2902SS. I don't see a bright future for this dealer.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Let me share a little info about dealerships and parts. I ordered two Select Comfort Control Wall brackets through a Winnebago dealership. It took almost 4 weeks because they place an order once a month with the manufacturers and have everything shipped together to save money on shipping costs. They'll charge you like they specially ordered yours but that's not the case. I was told by my FR dealer that they were waiting for a radio, ours shorted out on the way home. When I checked with FR after 4 weeks I was told they had not placed their order for that month yet. That's why you can get it quicker by ordering it yourself.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #5

I just recieved parts that I ordered directly from Forest River. They arrived within four days and the cost was about half of what the local dealer wanted.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #6
camping

my dealers service department sucked (putting it mildly) so now i go through FR - never had a problem. I think its cheaper for them to send us the part - no getting hosed on labor by the dealer

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote