Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #1
Camp Bartender

Perplexing to say the least

My awning and power stab jacks will only extend/retract if I use the remote control. The buttons on the trailer themselves do nothing, HOWEVER, the control panel button still will power my slide out, same for the controller. I need a new battery for the trailer, and have read that the bad battery that I had in the trailer may have had something to do with this issue. And yes, all the fuses are good. Any ideas? Oh and the status is the same if the trailer is plugged in as well.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #2

Are you sure you found all the fuses?

My jacks stopped working too, eventually I figured out that I could use the remote. (after a couple hours of frustration and checking all the fuses I could find)

I later found through some research that I had a second fuse panel under my fridge. Remove 2 screws to pop off the wood panel and then you see it. I had a bad fuse on that panel - once it was replaced the jacks worked from the button again.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
Site Team

On some features on some units,if the items is activates using the remote, it must be deactivated using the remote. Worth a try.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
Camp Bartender

Ill check the panel under the fridge again, and see if maybe I missed one. I hope that's it, I don't feel like dragging it all the way to the dealership to have it fixed.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #5
Site Team

Sometimes there are fuses hidden under the unit near the local switch too.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:43 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Sometimes there are fuses hidden under the unit near the local switch too.
yes, of course... I forgot to mention this.

Mine too has inline fuses right by the jack motors. That was one of the many things I checked when it first failed (mine were OK).

These are not "visible" like the inside fuses so you need a multimeter to check them.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:26 PM   #7

I think you have a bad switch.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 07:11 PM   #8

Same thing happened with our Wildwood. After a call to the dealer we found the hidden fuses for the awning and the stabilizers underneath the 2nd kitchen drawer under the sink. We had to remove that drawer to get access to them. We found the blown fuse, replaced it and the switch worked for the stabilizers. Hope this helps!

I may be old but I'm trying, very trying.
2015 RAM 1500 - EcoDiesel
Rockwood Ultra V 2715VS
OldBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #9

Send a message via Skype™ to Campahedu
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBob View Post
Same thing happened with our Wildwood. After a call to the dealer we found the hidden fuses for the awning and the stabilizers underneath the 2nd kitchen drawer under the sink. We had to remove that drawer to get access to them. We found the blown fuse, replaced it and the switch worked for the stabilizers. Hope this helps!
I had a similar issue with my 2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262. Thought I found all the fuses but then I found a set just for the jacks and awning under a second panel under the bottom bunk. Replaced and worked fine but... a month later one of the manual switches stopped working. It went bad and FR replaced it. Everything is fine now. Through all this, the remote always worked. This TT has educated me a lot about everything camping

Chris & Deb
2013 F150 3.5 EB,Wildwood X-Lite 262BH
Campahedu.com
Campahedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 11:02 PM   #10
HikerBob

Send a message via MSN to HikerBob Send a message via Yahoo to HikerBob Send a message via Skype™ to HikerBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipline39 View Post
I had a similar issue with my 2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262. Thought I found all the fuses but then I found a set just for the jacks and awning under a second panel under the bottom bunk. Replaced and worked fine but... a month later one of the manual switches stopped working. It went bad and FR replaced it. Everything is fine now. Through all this, the remote always worked. This TT has educated me a lot about everything camping
The great thing about tent camping is there are no fuses, no stuck slide-outs, no mystery "stuff", etc. The bad thing about tent camping is that tents are prone to leaking...oh yeah, so are some trailers and RVs. Tent camping taught me a lot about everything camping, too. So I bought a travel trailer and am getting a new education about "camping."
HikerBob is offline   Reply With Quote