Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #1

Pilot Light Conneciton--HELP!

I disconnected my pilot from the bracket in the oven and a little "cap" fell out of pipe where it screws into the bracket. I don't know which way to put it back in, since it fell out.
Does it go in narrow end first, or does it "meet" the gas coming down the line with the narrow end? I can't think of any other way to describe it.
Can anyone help?

2005 Rockwood 8280ss
2003 GMC 1500 Extended Cab "Dwight" (sold)
2005 Dodge Ram 2500HD QC4x4 Cummins "Brutus"
Drawtite Brake Controller
16K Pullrite Superglide
NWC72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:22 PM   #2

Here is an exploded view of the parts,Hope it helps you.
Top & gas controls replacement parts for MAGIC CHEF CLY1620BDB Rv Range - Gas | AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 07-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #3

Thanks, yeah I saw that diagram, but it doesn't explode it enough for my poor skills.
Anyway, I figured it out. Brain just isn't working right after messing with this all day.
Might as well throw this out--

Oven pilot will not light. There's one "stain" on burner plate, so I'm assuming it's been used only once since 2005 when it was made. It won't even spit. Have cleaned the end of the tube. Still no luck. Cleaned the
"teeny tiny I didn't even see it with my bifocals until I reallly looked at that "cap" orifice" on the oven end, also ran a pipecleaner thru down at the valve end. Will replace thermocouple if I can find a 36 inch one somewhere. If that doesn't work, I guess the thermostat is next.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2005 Rockwood 8280ss
16K Pullrite Superglide
Old 07-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Been a while since I had an oven pilot, but the thermocouple usually won't keep it from lighting. You had to press down on the knob to allow gas to enter the tube. This procedure "by-passed" the thermocouple so the pilot would light. After letting the pilot burn for 30 seconds or so, then you released pressure on the knob and this would enable the thermocouple. Sorry but I have to ask, are pressing the knob while trying to light the pilot? And also, have you lit a stove burner to bleed all the air oit of the lines?
Good luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #5

Yes, I pushed in the knob. Yes, I have lit all three burners. When I shut off the gas and open the thermocouple connection with the little plastic valve in it, I get the final rush of gas from the line.
I've had the whole thermostat valve apart twice, blown it out, can't find anything wrong. Pilot valve opens as it should when I look at it disassembled.
I can only think there's something wrong with the thermostat valve not letting gas into the last chamber (pilot lite feed). Unless someone has any other ideas I'm going to bite the bullet and buy a new thermostat valve.

NWC72

2005 Rockwood 8280ss
16K Pullrite Superglide