Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2011, 07:05 AM   #1

Unhappy Plumbing and Convenience Center

As you can see from my signature I have a 2012 Cardinal 3450RL. I work out of town and use my RV to live in 10-11 months a year. We brought the Cardinal to the RV park I am living out of on Monday. Last night the sinks in the kitchen quit draining (they drained just find Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday). I tried using a plunger to unclog but nothing is moving, and overnight the level in the sinks has not decreased at all.

On my convenience panel I have status indicator buttons for battery, fresh water, grey water, balck water, and galley. When I am parked I keep the grey tank open to the sewer until it gets colse to time to dump the black, then I accumulate some water in the grey to flush the hose. I dumped everything last evening and both grey and black shown empty. However when I push the button for galley, all of the indicator lights light.

So here's the questions:
1. Do I have two grey tanks, one for the kitchen, and one for the bathroom?
2. If one is true, where is the dump valve? During my demo, the dealer's service guy didn't say anything about two grey tanks.
3. If one is not true, what are the indicator lights telling me when I push the "galley" button.

I am going to call the service department at the dealer as soon as they open, but thought some early riser here might be able to give me a clue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2012 Cardinal 3450RL - TrailAir Rota-Flex Pin Box, Equa-Flex Equalizers, Level Up Auto Level, Winegard SK-3005 Satellite System
2011 Chevy 2500HD - 6.6L Duramax, Allison Tran, Husky HD Aftermarket 5/1 Springs, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags, Drawtite Pro Series 20K Fifth Wheel with Square Tube Slider
NJAg78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #2

I do not have a cardinal however, I have 2 gray dump valves and that may be your problem. On the same side of your camper as your other dump valves but in the area of the galley look under your camper for another dump valve.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
2011 GMC 3500 HD 4X4, 6.0, 4.10, SRW
Hoo Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 AM   #3

Thanks for the response, your floorplan is similar to mine with the kitchen in the middle, it would make sense to me that they would build these trailers similarily. Do you have the convenience panel with the "galley" indicator?.

The more I thought about it last night, the more this made sense, especially with the extra staus button for "galley", so I looked around for a second valve last night, but it was pretty dark. I am at work now, and I am going to call the dealer at 9:00. I really think if this is what is happening it is something they should have told me about in my demo.

2012 Cardinal 3450RL - TrailAir Rota-Flex Pin Box, Equa-Flex Equalizers, Level Up Auto Level, Winegard SK-3005 Satellite System
2011 Chevy 2500HD - 6.6L Duramax, Allison Tran, Husky HD Aftermarket 5/1 Springs, Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Air Bags, Drawtite Pro Series 20K Fifth Wheel with Square Tube Slider
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 AM   #4

Also, this shows up nowhere in the owner's manual.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJAg78 View Post
Also, this shows up nowhere in the owner's manual.
My owners manual was very generic. Manufacturer's owners manuals are nothing like automotive manuals. They are very generic. Plus the salesman I had was nice but not that knowledgeable. I spent more time than he probably anticipated going all around the unit asking questions and making notes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJAg78 View Post
Do you have the convenience panel with the "galley" indicator?..
Yes, I have the galley indicator light, so you probably just need to find the valve.

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
Old 11-11-2011, 11:08 AM   #6

Well I found the valve for the galley grey water tank. It is behind the rear wheel on the driver's side.

The reason I couldn't find it last night was the t-handle was missing and all that was there was the pencil rod that attaches to the valve gate.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #7

That's not good! Can you use a pair of pliers to pull the rod out to drain the tank? I believe the T handle and the rod are one piece....is this true?

2011 Rockwood 8285 WS
Old 11-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #8

Talking

I was able to pull the valve open with my hand, so the tank is drained.

The rod is threaded, and the handle screws on. My guess is that it wasn't tight and it fell off, or someone took it off to enable them to do something else and forgot to put it back on.

The thing that burns me up about this is there is a circular access plate, you know the kind that screw in and out, that is there to access the valve (I know this now). When I asked the service guy doing the demo what that access panel was for, he said it was to access the hydraulic jack that is right there.

All that happened was the sink sat full of dirty dishwater all night, so in the end though, no harm, no foul.

I am still very happy with my purchase.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #9

mine is a little older. all of mine have extensions on them. the extension unscrews. i routinely tighten them because they do work loose. you may try unscrewing one of the others and screwing it onto the missing one to open it. (then replace it). i'm assuming that it isn't just the handle missing.

same thing with the access panel. on mine, the black and kitchen are behind that; the other gray is inside the cargo area near the front. they all (from memory) are on the same level.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #10

I have another problem my Forester 2008 mh the convience panel was working fine, and tonight I go check the gauges, and their all showing empty or in case of the battery dead. Iknow I have gas in LP tank, but gauges showing empty. I checked the fuse box, but nothing there. Any Help

David
camping in tucson, Az
Retired 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:11 AM   #11

Retired - suggest you post your problem as a new thread. Not sure this thread pertains to your issue.