Old 09-30-2008, 06:15 AM   #1

Question About GM Factory Brake Controller

Is there anyone towing with a newer GM heavy duty 1500 or 2500 hd pick-up that has the factory installed electronic brake controller? I have it on mine but at present time I have not tried it out yet, my camper is in storage. From my understanding the on board computer displays the proper setting for the controller, is this true? and how well dose it work?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:00 AM   #2

dunno.........

My father has a factory controller in his Ford and he likes it. I've never pulled with it though. One of these days I'll need to.

Love my Jordan though.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:29 AM   #3
Campfire Master

I have one in my truck, and it works better than any other controller I have ever used, and that includes the Prodigy and BrakeSmart.

When you plug your camper in the display in the driver info center will change to reflect that the trailer is plugged in by telling you the gain setting. The setting can be adjusted up or down as needed. I find the best way to set it is to start at 5.0 and try it. Keep adjusting up or down until your happy. Mine is at 6.5.

The built in controller can do something none of the other controllers can do...it takes speed into the equation. The faster your going the more braking you will get in relation to pedal pressure.

AVid
Old 10-02-2008, 06:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVid View Post
I have one in my truck, and it works better than any other controller I have ever used, and that includes the Prodigy and BrakeSmart.

When you plug your camper in the display in the driver info center will change to reflect that the trailer is plugged in by telling you the gain setting. The setting can be adjusted up or down as needed. I find the best way to set it is to start at 5.0 and try it. Keep adjusting up or down until your happy. Mine is at 6.5.

The built in controller can do something none of the other controllers can do...it takes speed into the equation. The faster your going the more braking you will get in relation to pedal pressure.

AVid
Thanks for the reply, and I appreciate the advise. Now I know where to start and what to expect. Thanks again...

Tags
brake control, brakes