Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 AM   #1

question on lp reg and low point drains

We have a 2010 sabre 32bhok.

In the door side lp compartment there is a 2 stage regulator just like this one

Mr Heater Corp - Propane Auto Changeover Two-Stage Regulator - Propane Accessories - Camping World

I have always been weary of lp gauges and auto switch overs etc. Can anyone else give me info on this? I assume this means you could leave 2 full tanks open and it would switch from an empty to a full when one went empty? it says it has a gauge to show level, how do you read this gauge.

Also, i went to winterize and there are 2 pipes coming from underneath. red and blue (low point valves). I assume based on color one was for hot and cold and then there would be a separate fresh water tank drain. This is not the case, the red dropped very little water and the blue dropped my fresh water tank

Can anyone confirm or give more info on the 2 pipes? Is the blue the low point and fresh water? Red just hot water heater?

I do not see a separate fresh water tank drain.

Thanks

Greg

Old 12-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #2

I could not open the link to the LP regulator probably my computer. But my LP reg has automatic switch over and it worked at the coast this past week. It lets you have both tanks open. On mine I can tell a tank is empty by the small eye turning red. The lines extending down are the low point drains. On my trailer the red is hot water and the blue is cold. You may not get much hot water out of the red drain without opening the pressure refief valve on the water heater. I also open all water faucets in the trailer. My fresh water tank drain is on the bottom of the fresh water tank and extends through the enclosed underbelly. It is white plastic and has a spigot on it. Hope this helps.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Dan the Busman

The switchover works great. Leave both tanks open for it to work. The tank that is your main tank (the one you are operating from, and the indicator is reading green)and is the one where the manual switch is pointing to. The other tank is your spare. When empty the auto switchover will automatically switch to the spare. When the tank (main tank) that the manual switch is pointing to is empty the green/red indicator will now read red. You must now manually move the switch to point to the other (spare) tank. This tank now becomes your main tank. Now you have time to fill the empty tank, which will now be the spare. Everything is now normal until the indicator reads red and you do it all over again. Hope this helped
Busman1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:49 PM   #4

sure wish the dealer had explained all of that with the regulator.

On the water lines, the blue line drained my fresh water. I do not see a separate fresh water line extending from the bottom from the unit. Is this normal?
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #5
Dan the Busman

There should be two low drain lines. Do you have a manual/ It should show it. I also use RVBasics.com for a lot of my questions.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #6
Dan the Busman

Did you check around trhe hot water heater?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman1947 View Post
There should be two low drain lines. Do you have a manual/ It should show it. I also use RVBasics.com for a lot of my questions.
I do have a manual, and they do show the 2 low lines, but it does not explicitly say what they are for. It also does not show a separate fresh water tank drain.

Somewhat like the plumbing layout. I have 2 grey and 2 black tanks on the monitoring panel with 4 grey/black drops. No where in the book does it show how they are laid or what each button on the monitor panel really goes to. I only have 1 toilet so there is only 1 black and 3 greys. I can figure that much out, but it would be nice to know which button on the panel is to what for knowing which ones are full.

I will figure it out though
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #8
Dan the Busman

Good Luck!!, and happy Traveling
Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #9

The auto switch over is nice at night when the weather is cold and the furnace is running but some people still like to keep the second tank closed until needed so they don't forget to get a tank refilled because they didn't realize it had switched over. Old Guys
Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
The auto switch over is nice at night when the weather is cold and the furnace is running but some people still like to keep the second tank closed until needed so they don't forget to get a tank refilled because they didn't realize it had switched over. Old Guys
Usually, you only do this once !!

...VTX-AL