Old 01-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
RV-Max in Sherman told me (a sales guy) that they service units not purchased from them. They also have a location in Fort Worth and Mesquite.

Mike and Susan
Cavalier King Charles - Jack (3) and Sadie (2)
2015 Columbus 320 RS
2015 Ram 2500 6.7 Diesel
Bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:27 PM   #12
Times two on United RV, Talk with Mike Beacon-service writer. He always does a great job.

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:00 PM   #13
Originally Posted by Jestercyco View Post
Times two on United RV, Talk with Mike Beacon-service writer. He always does a great job.
Yours should have been on times 4 if you count down all the other posts.
2014 Berkshire 390RB-60
dan-nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #14
CrestviewRV in Georgetown TX has twice done warranty work for me when they were not my purchasing dealer. They replaced the AC unit and the converter. Both were in the shop for 2 weeks or less, but there was a wait before my drop-off appointment. Nothing outrageous. Within a month if I recall. The second time they were a bit more reluctant, but I pointed out that they'd already done warranty work for me, they looked it up, and said ok. I'm not sure if they would now deny a new customer with a different-dealer warranty issue.

I took my TT back to Funtown Waco to address my warranty punch list and they screwed up more than they fixed and were late finishing it. Now I can't get them to respond to me about the stuff they made worse. I'm working with Coachmen directly to try to resolve it. Can not rate Funtown Waco's service team poorly enough.

You can also try contacting forrest river and asking for approval to get the repairs done on your dime, then get reimbursed.
2012 Ford F-150 3.7L V6 -- SOLD
2007 Rockwood 1640 LTD Popup -- SOLD
2004 Bantam 19 HTT -- SOLD
2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:35 PM   #15
The good thing about the Rio Grande Valley , is that there are at least three roving RV Repair guys or Companies that do excellent work. First hand knowledge. But, I agree that most of the dealers in the Valley would rather not see you for warranty repair work, or in my case on two occasions did not even order the parts I needed to do my own repairs. Left me hanging for over a month and then nothing.
kenenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:26 PM   #16
Originally Posted by D_B Travelers View Post
Same here, United RV in Fort Worth has done a couple of things for me. On time and reasonable cost for non-warranty stuff. DO NOT GO TO Fun Town RV in Cleburne! That is where I purchased mine and their service manager is the worst; I have posted the odyssey here already. Good luck!
100% agreement with you on Fun Town in Cleburne... Came out in worse shape than went in!
2016 Vibe 268RKS
2015 Chev 2500HD
Mewcasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #17
Wow!! was not expecting so many great responses!! calling around now to your recommendations!! Thank you!!!
TaraO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 07:37 AM   #18
I also just had an excellent experience with RV Station in Colbert, OK. But it was just one issue. But they got me in quickly with no hassle about not being the selling dealer. Contrast FunTown RV in Cleburne who wouldn't even look at it until Feb 16 when I called Dec 22 for the appt. AND I would have to leave it an indefinite amount of time just for a faulty water pump. RV Station had me out of there in 1.5 hours.
2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 1901
2013 Toyota Tacoma w/tow pkg
Terrib972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 08:03 AM   #19
Within the first six months of ownership of our RV had a slide that would not work. Took it to Fun Town RV in Cleburne, I live in Cleburne, didn't buy from FunTown. The service guy told me to drop it on the back lot and would get to it, could take a month or two then there would be needed parts from FR he said. I left the lot with my 5r never to return to FunTown. I got to looking under the slide and seen the broken gear pack. Called FR, they sent me the gear pack "free", it arrived four days later, took me 1 hr to change, working great ever since. Since then I have taken care of a couple of small things myself. Now two years later and out of warranty that wasn't used. If I would have had a frame or structural problem I would have taken or had it sent to FR for repairs, anything else I can handle.
2014 8289WS Diamond pkg
2014 Ram 2500 SB DC TCD
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:12 PM   #20
My dealer, Camping World, Houston, TX, does warranty work but it will be at least one month after I call for an appointment. That is the dealer that I bought from. Over the years that experience is normal. Good Luck

whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote

dealer, warranty