Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #21

[QUOTE=PhoneDude 8289;1079438]Within the first six months of ownership of our RV had a slide that would not work. Took it to Fun Town RV in Cleburne, I live in Cleburne, didn't buy from FunTown. The service guy told me to drop it on the back lot and would get to it, could take a month or two then there would be needed parts from FR he said. I left the lot with my 5r never to return to FunTown.

So, you don't recommend them even though you never bought anything from them or left your unit for service? That doesn't seem quite right. I bought my Rockwood there and have had it serviced a few times when I spend time nearby in the winter. They have always been professional and done a good job.
Kampingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampingguy View Post
So, you don't recommend them even though you never bought anything from them or left your unit for service? That doesn't seem quite right. I bought my Rockwood there and have had it serviced a few times when I spend time nearby in the winter. They have always been professional and done a good job.
X2 - I mean you have to give them the opportunity to screw up for pity sakes! I did...and they did. But, after reading some other stories about dealers, I guess Fun Town isn't too...nope, they still suck. IF they would ditch the Service Manager Parker and get someone that cared, I think they could be so much better. When I did finally get the work done, the shop guys were personable, knowledgeable, and quickly got me in and out. This was after 6 months of wrangling with the manager over either just not ordering parts or ordering the wrong parts. When the boss doesn't care, it affects everyone.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #23

He is out. Hired 2 new service managers. One of the techs said he was going to their new location in Oklahoma or somewhere. I had mine in at their new service center up by the IHOP just last week. I've talked to others that got caught in the move from the old location to the new service center, but I think once they get that cleared up you will see a difference. Then again, I've talked with others like myself that have gotten in and out with no problems. Maybe its luck of the draw or karma or something. I think the think that isn't discussed is that the factories are trying to produce so many more that they are producing an inferior product. And I've heard that from more than one dealer and a few reps at the last show.
Kampingguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 04:44 PM   #24

I guess I should have bought a Karma then... I have had very few defects in my Wind Jammer so I really can't fuss about factory quality. The biggest thing was my front A/C would cut on and off intermittently when it was new, and when I pulled the thermostat from the wall one of the wires had come loose. Didn't get crimped correctly; understandable. Other than a few screws to tighten (notice I didn't start the whole discussion on "loose screws", I am kinda sensitive) I haven't had any defects. I was in for service because of damage from an 18-wheeler carcass (road gator) that tore up some lower fascia.
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, warranty