Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #1

Removing bench dinette for table & chairs

I was hoping people could give me advice on putting in a tables with 4 chairs. I have the standard bench dinette setup which I will be removing. I've been searching for a nice table 42" long table for installing into the camper but have concerns about movement during transport.

Are factory tables secured to the floor by some means? Or are they simply free to move around?

What do people do with their chairs?
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by customfab View Post
I was hoping people could give me advice on putting in a tables with 4 chairs. I have the standard bench dinette setup which I will be removing. I've been searching for a nice table 42" long table for installing into the camper but have concerns about movement during transport.

Are factory tables secured to the floor by some means? Or are they simply free to move around?

What do people do with their chairs?
We've had trailers that had a pedestal table connected to the floor and our current one, which has a free standing table. This table can be folded down to sit on rails attached to the benches or left standing. It doesn't walk on us when traveling with it up because we lay two Memory foam mattresses on it while on the road. Memory foam is heavy.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #3

I removed my bench style dinette and replaced with a free standing table and chairs. I bungie 2 chairs on each end of table and lay the other 2 down. I've had no issues doing it this way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide after 2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	8188  
Koodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodog View Post
I removed my bench style dinette and replaced with a free standing table and chairs. I bungie 2 chairs on each end of table and lay the other 2 down. I've had no issues doing it this way
Bonus input with the pics! Thanks. Looks like you really opened up that entire area of the slideout. I need to keep our sleeper sofa for guests.

Well that helps!
customfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:28 AM   #5

Our table was secured to the floor with a screw in each of the four legs. We wanted to make the table moveable, so now its being held down with a bunge cord and a bracket screwed to the floor. No movement problem when traveling. I do nothing with the chairs they seem to stay in one place fairly well.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote