Old 03-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #1

Replacing 12v Batteries

First off, this is not meant as a debate on 12v vs 6v, I've already made up my mind to replace the worthless 24 series, 85 ah 12v batteries that came in my '07 Forester 2941DS, with 2 new 31 series 130 ah, hooked in parallel to give me 260 ah.
Now to my real problem, the slide out tray with the batteries was apparently built, specifically for the 24 series with measurements of W 6.5" x2=13, L 117/8, & H 8.5 (which could easily hold 10"), now, has anyone ever removed the slide out tray & just put the batteries in the battery box it's self, which would hold a much larger set of batteries, & if so, was additional reinforcing required.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:03 AM   #2

I can't help you with your problem about the battery slide out tray as mine does not have a slide out tray. However I think you will be happy with your batteries. I have two Trojan SCS225s which are 12-volts with 130 AH each, so paralleled they have a combined 260 AH, the same as yours. I have been very happy with them.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn5995 View Post
I can't help you with your problem about the battery slide out tray as mine does not have a slide out tray. However I think you will be happy with your batteries. I have two Trojan SCS225s which are 12-volts with 130 AH each, so paralleled they have a combined 260 AH, the same as yours. I have been very happy with them.
Thanks for the reply, after a further look at the battery box, it doesn' look like all that much of a problem to remove the slide, & i've found a place, not too far away to get the SCS225's.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukhrn View Post
Thanks for the reply, after a further look at the battery box, it doesn' look like all that much of a problem to remove the slide, & i've found a place, not too far away to get the SCS225's.
You have SCS225s, so you have the exact same setup as I do. It should work well for you, I have been very happy with mine.

Glenn & Beth (Dad & Mom)
David & Audra (16 year old twins)
2006 Dodge Power Wagon (Adventure & Tow Vehicle)
2006 Rockwood 8281SS (Home away from Home)
Glenn5995 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, battery