Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

Rips in Palomino Couch caused by mechanism

I have a Palomino 201SS. Purchased new in July 2015.

After getting the trailer back from the dealer for an issue that was addressed, I noticed two rips in the couch. When you pull over the cushions that you sit on there are two rips almost in the same exact location, one on each side.

I had to take the trailer back to the dealer because they did not fix what they said and asked them to repair/replace the sofa. They refused indicating that the issue is a "known issue" with these types of sofas when you open and close them the metal hinges cause the rips. I told him we have never had the couch open. Its only my wife and I and there is no need.

They then showed me a couch they had replaced for another buyer with rips in the same exact place that was in their storage loft. Ok, then convinced me but I then asked why they replaced that owner's couch under warranty but not mine. They said they cant and it has to go through FR.

Any suggestions on handling this? I assume I need to contact FR directly to get this addressed. Does anyone have a contact at FR I can use?

Is this really a common issue?

Tx
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010020.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	398.4 KB
ID:	110602   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010021.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	110603   Click image for larger version