Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #1

Rockwood 2317G Lift System - Safety Post Installation

Hello all:

I am having extreme trouble installing the safety posts on the lift system. It is a 2660 Goshen Stamping Crank Up System.

I know the safety posts have a tapered end, and the other is notched. The tapered end slides up the outside of the crank up post and enters at the top, but the posts supplied appear to be 3.25" longer then needed.

They are 52" long (from what I remember last night), I called the dealer (4 hours away) and those are the same length as what they have there. There is no way they will fit, and of course the single woman setting up the trailer in the DVD just slides them in without breaking a sweat.

She mentioned something that maybe the length changed on the 2010 premier model...and was going to check with the factory today...

Any one out there have measurements for 2009 or earlier safety posts, and if anyone has installed posts in a 2010 premier model and their lengths?

I asked during walk through about the posts, and the tech said they don't usually install during the walk through as they were harder to install. I feel I messed up by not insisting as I video taped everything and made him go over a few thing closer as we are 400km's away. The price you pay I guess for saving a few thousand dollars.

Thanks.

2010 Rockwood 2317G
TV - 2008 Honda Odyssey
OEM ATF/PS Coolers
Hidden Hitch
Reese 350 Mini WDH
bundy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #2

Got a call back from dealer, they left a message that the safety posts were incorrect....so that was a fail on their PDI part...

I've got to ship back the posts that I have and then they will ship out the new ones. Also they will have to add the mattress cords as those were also missing...

Should I expect some kind of compensation for this mis-step on their end?

2010 Rockwood 2317G
TV - 2008 Honda Odyssey
OEM ATF/PS Coolers
Hidden Hitch
Reese 350 Mini WDH
bundy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #3
Site Team

You shouldn't have to pay for shipping either way. At the very least. Had they actually tried them during the PDI they'd have figured out the problem without you having to get involved.