Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2016, 10:23 AM   #1

RV Repair Facility Info?

I went to the RV Show in Atlanta this weekend and one of the few non-dealer vendors was Apalachee RV Center. They are an independent RV repair facility located between Atlanta and Athens, GA. Since their facility is about 25 miles from my home they would be a convenient location if I need professional help for any problems that come up. Where I live, 25 miles is considered next door. Their website is myarv.com .

I'm looking for recommendations, good or bad, from members here who have had any dealings with this outfit. The rep at the show was the general manager who painted a very glowing picture of his company. But, he is basically a salesman and we all know a salesman would never give out bad info.

He claimed the company has great relationships with all (probably most) manufacturers and can get warranty work approved. He also said they handle repairs for most of the "aftermarket" warranty contracts.

So, what say y'all? Good or bad.
Old 01-10-2016, 10:49 AM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

I don't know anything about them specifically, but a service business is probably going to work quicker and take care of business in a much more timely manner since thats what pays their bills.
Rv dealers think that service is just a necessary evil to stay in business. (And a lot of vehicle dealers do too).
The funny thing is, if a dealer really trys to make service a priority than it will probably do just as good as sales.
Good luck! I think you have a great resource locally!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

I hope some folks will chime in here and let us know of any experiences with these folks as I also live within the 25 mile range and is a lot closer than my selling dealer.

Just looked at web site sounds like for MH only no mention of tt work.
Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #4

I do not have specific information on the company you are asking about, but I do use a small non-vendor repair company near me, they do not sell any RVs, just repairs. I find them quicker and much more responsive than my dealer. I tested them out with just a couple of small non-critical items at first and now pretty much just use them. I like that I can talk to the actual repair tech and discuss the issue, not just a service writer.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #5
Oklahoma Proud

Google shows a 4.6 out of 5 for reviews on them. Thats pretty good. You can make some people happy 100% of the time but not 100% all the time!
They are making over 90% happy a according to those reviews!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
I hope some folks will chime in here and let us know of any experiences with these folks as I also live within the 25 mile range and is a lot closer than my selling dealer.

Just looked at web site sounds like for MH only no mention of tt work.
Later RJD
The rep at the show said they work on any type of RV. I noticed they allow customers in for repairs to stay overnight if necessary. He said they were very busy and to call to schedule an appointment. I'm going to call tomorrow to see if I can get scheduled to evaluate my WD hitch setup (I'm not comfortable with the numbers I'm getting from the CAT scale).
Old 01-10-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Appreciative Member

Firstly, I do not work for them nor personal friends. They have a superb reputation and absolutely the most friendly & helpful staff. Well pleased with their work, although they have done no major repairs for me.They are busy and typically are booking appointments 30 days out. They do not sell Rv's only do repairs.
BWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 02:25 PM   #8
2003 Georgetown 325

Just a chimein from Ocala FL. I use Patricks for my RV work. They are a repair only place, the prices are very reasonable and the work is well done. The folks are great to work with also. Just saying and hope it helps those in Central Florida in the RV community.
reddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:35 PM   #9

I live about 20 minutes from them. Took my first RV there for some service. They called me very quickly to tell me that when they were checking my unit in, the headlights didn't work. Said repair would cost $500 +/-. Took it to Ford dealer, "someone" had removed 2 fuses, repair cost $85. Nuff said!
billcoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #10

ALL PRO Mobile RV Repair - Home. Good work, good prices, no bs.
billcoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair