Old 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Hmmm, I am not sure. I think it is listed as ATSC and NTSC, if that helps. I don't think we have analog signals around here any more.
That does help; NTSC tells me it does get the analog channels.

What about HD? Once again here the only digital channels we get are actually HD.

And I have to chuckle a bit when you talk about "only" getting 21 channels. We pretty much only have 7 or 8 channels; just because in Canada with us being so spread out it doesn't make sense to have a lot of OTA.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:08 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
That does help; NTSC tells me it does get the analog channels.

What about HD? Once again here the only digital channels we get are actually HD.

And I have to chuckle a bit when you talk about "only" getting 21 channels. We pretty much only have 7 or 8 channels; just because in Canada with us being so spread out it doesn't make sense to have a lot of OTA.
Apparently I was wrong about NTSC......here is the TV we bought: Skyworth 12-Volt TV 15.6" Widescreen LCD TV DVD Player SLC-1569A-3

Yeah, I think 21 channels is great. I bought an outside antennae, and am getting channels from 75 miles away......and we live in hill country. We finally got tired of high cable costs, and decided to try OTA......except for the initial antennae cost, a 4x4 post to hang it on, a little coaxial cable, and an extra digital converter, it is free !!

BTW, the antennae on our camper can actually pick up more channels than our house antennae. That is because our house antennae is directional with 70% beam width, but our camper antennae is directional with a much smaller beam width......I have to move it around to pick up the channels. We also have added the Wingman to the camper antennae.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #23

Not sure where Array is but we never did where we went
Old 11-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #24
Fulltimer

Send a message via Yahoo to StonewallGene
It is just down the road from the lake you stayed at. We have the standard with the digital add on we do get some analog channels but the are not that clear and freezes up all the time. What antenna do you use???
Old 11-21-2010, 10:32 AM   #25

Dittmer: Are you talking about Ouray? It's about 34 miles north of Durango, Co, past Silverton.