Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
Old Junior Member

Talking Satallite & Cable Connections

I have a 2002 Sandpiper 35RLTS with an entertainment center as a slide out & have noticed that on the exterior there is a connector for the aux satellite & a separate connector for cable, it appears that the cable connection feeds the bedroom as well as the entertainment slide & the aux satellite feed only goes to the bedroom & connects to the Winegard antenna controller, any ideas as to why Forrest River did not feed the entertainment center instead of the bedroom with the aux satellite feed line? Looks like now i'm gonna have to carve a hole in the entertainment slide & put in a separate feed for this tv to have it on the satellite, the other alternative i guess is to string a coax cable along the ceiling to the living room tv

Days camped in:
2010 = 72
2011=10
SHOOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOSTER View Post
it appears that the cable connection feeds the bedroom as well as the entertainment slide & the aux satellite feed only goes to the bedroom & connects to the Winegard antenna controller
It might be mislabeled. The cable input should go to the antenna booster and the satellite just to a jack on the wall. The antenna booster blocks DC so satellite wouldn't work going through it.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #3
Old Junior Member

today i ripped it all apart & nothing is mis labeled,, sat lead goes to bedroom and antenna/cable goes to living room & bedroom, bedroom has push button for antenna power & living room does not, guess i'll have to run coax along ceiling from bedroom to have satellite in living area.! goes to
Days camped in:
2010 = 72
2011=10
Old 03-18-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Head Rambler

Sounds to me like there are two coax cables ran from the outside of the RV to the bedroom and then there's one running from the bedroom to the living room. If I'm wrong please let me know.

I wonder what the possibility of pulling two cables from the bedroom to the living room where the one cable is now would be. That way you could connect the sat cable from the outside to one of the new cables and have sat in the living room. You could actually do that with the existing cable by modifying the amplifier connection.

All this hinges on the fact that there's a wire from the bedroom to the living room.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 AM   #5

Mine were reversed in the bedroom...3 minutes later and the sat feeds the living area.....didn't make any sense given the bedroom is in the front and the connections were in the rear....but when you use the same color cable....stuff happens...50/50 chance of being right without a cable tracer signal......
Old 06-04-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
today i ripped it all apart & nothing is mis labeled,, sat lead goes to bedroom and antenna/cable goes to living room & bedroom, bedroom has push button for antenna power & living room does not, guess i'll have to run coax along ceiling from bedroom to have satellite in living area.! goes to
Do you have a selector box that enables a VCR or DVD player to play at different locations? If so if you have a VCR it should work through one cable like mine.
I just hooked up my Direct TV to the VCR I have as well as directly to the front TV. There are 2 outputs on the back of the DiecTV unit. I used the Red,White and Yellow Outputs into the back of the VCR. Then ran the coaxial cable to the selector box VCR Input. All I have to do is select VCR on TV2 , set the channel to 3 and my DirecTV comes through clear as a bell. I also install an Infared Repeater so the remote will work in the other room.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
Old Junior Member

Well last week end i fixed the satellite cable situation in the living room, since the entertainment center is a slide-out i just went ahead & drilled 2 holes & put a double weather proof coaxl connector on the slide wall exterior & wired it into the ent. center with a double wall plate & bingo now i have 2 sat connectors for living room so we can watch one station & record another at the same time & hook up third cable from sat to original outside satellite connection & feed bedroom so that receiver can be independent as well. By golly i knew i could figure this thing out without running the rg59 across the ceiling.
Days camped in:
2010 = 72
2011=10
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #8

Well Done
Old 06-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Well last week end i fixed the satellite cable situation in the living room, since the entertainment center is a slide-out i just went ahead & drilled 2 holes & put a double weather proof coaxl connector on the slide wall exterior & wired it into the ent. center with a double wall plate & bingo now i have 2 sat connectors for living room so we can watch one station & record another at the same time & hook up third cable from sat to original outside satellite connection & feed bedroom so that receiver can be independent as well. By golly i knew i could figure this thing out without running the rg59 across the ceiling.
That's good to hear. That frees up time to enjoy the TV and have a cold one.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote

« Squirrels | Pump »