Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #1

Satellite TV addition - Ideas?

I have a new Wildwood TT that came with a Concertone X75 installed along with 2 factory installed (Red/White/Yellow) cables (wall plates between it and the area on an opposite wall where the TV is installed. One of the installed connections is used to feed DVD material from the Concertone to the TV and the other is used to provide TV audio out back to the Concertone.. They all work fine. Now I want to install a portable satellite dish to the system. I want to put the satellite receiver in the cabinet next to the Concertone and use a switch to change TV inputs between the Satellite and DVD. The TV only has one RED/WHITE/YELLOW input and it is currently connected to the DVD.. the one Coax input on the TV is being used for the antenna/cable connection. I have attached a picture of what I want to do, but want to run a sanity check with others to see if I am overlooking something or if it could be done better... The area outlined in red on the drawing is what I want to do!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rv schmatic one.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2705  
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:39 AM   #2
Site Team - Lou

In our camper there is an audio output on the TV itself that goes to the Concertone input.

Our TV has several inputs on it for various doodads (PC, HDMI, RGB)

I plugged the SAT receiver RGB (Component) input on the TV's Component input and the Concertone stays set on the TV sound setting. (Our video game goes into the TV as well).

That way I get the best video available from the satellite. If you have 1080p HD receiver, you must use the HDMI input on the TV to get that resolution.

If you use the wall plate you will ONLY get Composite video (the worst choice available - ok RF is even worse) although you should still get surround sound if available on that channel.

If YOUR TV has only RCA plug connections, then your setup is pretty much the only way to go.

As an aside, I bought a 13 inch LCD flat screen for the BR at a local box store that has HDMI, RGB, and a PC connection for $99.00 and its awesome. If your set is an older tube type TV perhaps an upgrade should be in your future.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote