Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #1
satellite tv hookup on 253FBS

We have the external connection but it doesn't work when satellite dish plugged in. If I connect the receiver to dish and bring the cable in thru the window it works great but if I try to use the installed wiring and plug into the wall doesn't. Do we need to change a cable or is there a splitter or junction fix for this? I don't want to make a new hole to bring the cable thru from the outside if we can utilize the connection on the trailer. Any suggestions? I have checked both boxes utilizing the tv antenna and it works fine...just wondering if the satellite wire isn't compatible with the external connection.......thanks for your help.

Vaulttroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:04 AM   #2
im new to rv camping so i dont know that much about the satellite hookup but i had the same problem..ive been told that you cant hook up sat. to existing connection...went to aco and bought a new hookup for afew bucks and am just going to install in myself..just drill a hole next to existing or go in thru the floor and hope you come out somewhere near the tv..i dont see any major problem..unless i hit a hot wire..pray for me...thanks...deke..

deke rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
I couldn't tell you. My trailer has both connectors on the outside, one for cable, and one for Sat. but we only use antenna.
Seasonal in Wi Dells, WI
2007, Salem 4022B
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
Winegard has a very good tutorial about this on their website, but, in short, you need to isolate the cable connector from the amplifier. If you have a "cable/antenna" switch somewhere, switch it to cable.

You need a hard-wired connection between the sat antenna and the receiver to get signal. The LNB on the dish needs power from the receiver.
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #5
On the rear of your trailer there are 2 ant connectors one is for tv the other is sat. Connect to the sat side (make sure it is tight). Inside on the cable goes wall to box, box to tv. You don't need to buy anything.
2009 Ford F250 Super Duty
2008 Flagstaff Ultralite 23FBS with slide out (standard)
2006 H-D Flhxi
2001 H-D Dyna
Honda 2000i
Champion gen 4000
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote