Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #1

Schwintek - leak

We have a small leak with the schwintek slideout in the bedroom,
when it rains it leavs about a small plate of water on the floor. I thought it was a seal - so before the last rain made sure everything was dry on the top and sides.

when it rained I checked and the top was still dry but the small puddle of water was still there. I think the water may be travling along the rails - but will continue to test to see if I can locate the error.

No I have not taken to a dealer - in my experiance if you cannot show them exactly what is wrong - they cannot find it.

anyhow
has anyone experianced a similar issue and if so - how did you resolve it?

Rochester MN
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 Short Bed
2013 Wildcat 344QB - Level-up, Demco Glide-ride
Jim_Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_Pat View Post
We have a small leak with the schwintek slideout in the bedroom,
when it rains it leavs about a small plate of water on the floor. I thought it was a seal - so before the last rain made sure everything was dry on the top and sides.

when it rained I checked and the top was still dry but the small puddle of water was still there. I think the water may be travling along the rails - but will continue to test to see if I can locate the error.

No I have not taken to a dealer - in my experiance if you cannot show them exactly what is wrong - they cannot find it.

anyhow
has anyone experianced a similar issue and if so - how did you resolve it?
Hi hi,

Many of us can relate to that comment for sure. I haven't had a leak but have used my smartphone to video tape a problem to show the issue to the service department.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #3

First off, make sure your tt is level.
Did you have high winds with the rain?

The reason I ask, I had a similar problem with mine. I was a little street side and nose high and we did have some high winds with the rain. It left just a little water in the floor by the slide. Because of the wind rain was getting in under the slide.
I checked all seals as you did and everything was good. I have since camped in the rain with some high winds, but I made sure the tt was level and it hasn't leaked.

Not sure if this will solve your problem, but it's worth checking into.

Good luck and let us know how things turn out.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote