Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #1

Several problems with '05 Lexington GTS

Just returned from 2 month trip around this great country and now are in fixing mode. Thought I'd try to roll these problems into 1 post and see if I can get some help.
1. King-Dome Satellite doesn't lock into signal. We want to upgrade anyway to a HD Auto Stationary Dome. Mobile Dish Mall sells a refurbished model that you can take to a dealer for install or install yourself. Anyone encounter this?
2. The fresh water inlet constantly drips. Is this a simple matter of replacing the inlet?
3. The Parallax converter is noisy and seems to constantly cycle on/off. Our previous Rv converter was quiet. Replace with an upgrade?
4. The storage compartment under the slide, drivers side, next to generator leaks. Perhaps the gasket needs to be replaced? Anyone experience this?
5. Anyone have a problem closing the outside shower door? Length of hose seems to long.
6. The steps do not retract or extend. Had to take them off. Any ideas?
7. The paper borders are beginning to peel back. Can they be reglued?
8. No heat comes out of duct in bathroom. Checked this out and I don't see how the heat can be pushed across from the heat under the floor thru this small duct. Heat from other ducts is powerful. Is this simply another Forest River Lexington design flaw?

Before I blunder thru this list any help is appreciated? I suspect I'll tackle some of these myself and pay a repair shop to do the rest. Thank you.
ljcpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #2

I have thoughts on the 1st 3.

1) Happened to me. I followed the reset procedure in the manual and all is well.
2) Maybe just a washer? Something loose?
3) Might just be dirty and causing things to heat up. Is the fan area clean and clear? Could be more serious. I would leave it unplugged until you know for sure.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

[QUOTE=ljcpmc;35795]Just returned from 2 month trip around this great country and now are in fixing mode. Thought I'd try to roll these problems into 1 post and see if I can get some help.
1. King-Dome Satellite doesn't lock into signal. We want to upgrade anyway to a HD Auto Stationary Dome. Mobile Dish Mall sells a refurbished model that you can take to a dealer for install or install yourself. Anyone encounter this? Sorry can't help you here. I have the Windgard dome.
2. The fresh water inlet constantly drips. Is this a simple matter of replacing the inlet? Most likely the check valve is not seating properly. I had the same issue. Remove it and took it apart, cleaned the little bit of junk off the O-Ring and it's been fine since.
3. The Parallax converter is noisy and seems to constantly cycle on/off. Our previous Rv converter was quiet. Replace with an upgrade? Sounds like there may be a build up of dust / debris causing it to short cycle
4. The storage compartment under the slide, drivers side, next to generator leaks. Perhaps the gasket needs to be replaced? Any tears or areas that appear flattened?Anyone experience this?
5. Anyone have a problem closing the outside shower door? Length of hose seems to long. Mine stores in the compartment where the water hook-up is. It's a big compartment. The hose is pretty long though.
6. The steps do not retract or extend. Had to take them off. Any ideas? Did you check the fuse just behind the steps? It should be visible from underneath. It's a green rubber little fuse box with a auto type plug in fuse.
7. The paper borders are beginning to peel back. Can they be reglued? I'd try a contact cement.
8. No heat comes out of duct in bathroom. Checked this out and I don't see how the heat can be pushed across from the heat under the floor thru this small duct. Heat from other ducts is powerful. Is this simply another Forest River Lexington design flaw? Do you have floor registers? If so remove the register and check just beyond it with a mirror and flashlight. Maybe the previous owner didn't like so much heat in the bathroom and has blocked it with something.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote