Old 09-18-2011, 08:50 PM   #1
sewer pipe

We have a cardinal 40ft fifith wheel with the all season package. The sewer and gray water pipes connect to one outlet. We use 2 x 10's under wheels when we have to park on grassy spots. Anyway my husband pulled forward and the board flew up and cracked to sewer pipe. He thinks it is only the part that is exposed. He has to replace the outlet pipe and the 1 1/2 inch pipe. How can we tell if it is cracked farther up than we can see? He ran the water in all sinks and shower for a good 15 minutes and didn't see any leaks. Is that a good sign? Thanks for any help.

orsinicathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
If it was a 1 1/2 inch line, and he has has repaired it, it was the GRAY line. The absolute best test, is to fill the gray tank until the shower has water standing in it, (assuming the shower or tub is the lowest point). Now walk away for a day, and if the shower still has water in it 24 hours later, no leaks. Good luck.

By the way, the black tank has 3 inch drain pipe

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Villa Estate 392FLFB
also if the bottom is sealed that water can collect inside there and pool up.
One state/province at a time!
Full Timing - Salem Villa Estate - 392FLFB - Purchased July 29th 2010
The_Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:36 AM   #4
put water in all three. i would say abt 10 to 15 gal. i would check first with the valves closed. if i didn't see anything coming from the underbelly, i would open both gray tanks and test against the cap. (i would not open the black tank...wouldn't want to contaminate the drain line anymore than i have to). most likely, if u see nothing after a couple hours, i would say it passed.
if u want to do a visual, unscrew the underbelly cover from the frame and u should have screws going across holding the sheet metal together in the area of the tanks. those should give u access to the black and shower tank.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote